7 Startups of GTU students /Alumni receive $ 20000 Google Cloud CreditsJune 29, 2016
Gandhinagar: Team of 7 startups of students and alumni from Gujarat Technological University (GTU) were rewarded $ 20000 Google Cloud Credits. The team attended workshop on CP100 Google Cloud platform hosted by NASSCOM on at 10,000 Startups warehouse, Navi Mumbai, where the team received the credits. Hundreds of startups applied to participate in the workshop, among them 50 startups were selected & invited for participation.
This 8-hour instructor-led class introduced participants to Google Cloud Platform products and services. Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, startups learn the value of Google Cloud Platform and how to incorporate cloud-based solutions into business strategies. The GTU startups were rewarded $300 credit of Google cloud for 2 months and later after exhausting the initial $300 credits Google will again give $20,000 of Google Cloud credits to help startups host their website/application. Such credits help startups to cut fix cost and gives them the opportunity to invest the same amount into their Human Resource and Marketing. The GTU team was led by Kaushik Akiwatkar (Project Officer-Entrepreneurship, GTU).
Brief about some of the startups of GTU:
– Alagrand.com is Gujarat’s First Fashion E-commerce Marketplace for Regional Brands & Designers. We are focused on bringing local Brands & Designers online and helping them sell your products across India. In 6 Months of Operation we have managed to bring 15 Stores, 25,000+ Products and 5,000+ SKUs online in both Male & Female Apparels.
– Youth Connect is an honest media outlet and a platform for the youth to voice their opinions. It is committed to creating and sharing youth-centric stories for a young India. It brings to you original, hottest & trending Indian content that matters. Youth Connect reaches out to over two million young Indian web users, every month through its website, Facebook page and an ever expanding email newsletter.
– Styldod is a technology-enabled interior design startup. Their vision is to make beautiful interior designs available to the masses, at an affordable price with great customer experience. They plan to achieve this by developing proprietary technology that makes interior design and visualization very efficient, and therefore fast and cost effective.
– www.StudentDesk.in is web and mobile based book exchange platform, where students and fellow readers can buy, sell, exchange their books, magazines or any reading material within their institute/city.
– CAREERKHOJJ A complete path finder” is a 21st century Edu-Tech Company which is working to provide complete solutions to Education Industry. Redefining the way career guidance, knowledge sharing and communication happens between students and educators. We strongly believe that internet & mobile technology can improve the overall learning experience & development of students. We are focused to make quality education possible for all regardless of locations or other constraints. We foresee that in coming years Millions of students will be able to take their learning experience to next level through our platform.
- Surat BJP Councillor, husband suspended from party over bribe case
- Aga Khan in Gujarat meets Chief Minister
- Gujarat govt forms SIT to probe Patan self immolation incident
- Vadodara hit and run case accused released on bails within hours after surrender
- Parul University account clerk found dead; his letter reveals 'wrongdoings' of management
- Construction of new Narmada Maiya bridge in Bharuch 75% over