Amarnath yatra suspended for second time in less than a weekJuly 14, 2016
Jammu: The Amarnath yatra was today suspended for the second time in less than a week due to the ongoing unrest in the Valley following the killing of the Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani in an encounter with security forces last week.
“The Amarnath yatra was suspended today for the second time in one week owing to the security situation in the Kashmir Valley,” a police officer said.
He said no vehicle carrying Amarnath pilgrims was allowed to move ahead of the Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu.
The yatra was first suspended on July 9 after the unrest in the Valley and resumed on July 11 amidst tight security in the evening so the vehicles could cross the troubled areas during the night, the officer said.
“As the situation continues to remain tense here, the authorities decided against allowing the yatra to proceed from Jammu,” he said.
- Chemists and drugists to observe strike on September 28 over concerns regarding online sale of medicines
- IT searches premises of construction and finance firms in Rajkot
- Aadhaar Act upheld by SC as constitutionally valid; no Aadhar for banks, mobiles, schools, private companies
- Charas worth Rs 20 lakh seized, 2 nabbed in old Ahmedabad city
- Congress spreading lies about Bullet train funding, the party would be wiped out in 2019 LS polls:Vaghani
- One more lioness die in Dalkhaniya range of Gir forests, lion deaths figure rises to 14