Amarnath yatra resumes from JammuJuly 16, 2016
Jammu: Amid tight security, Amarnath yatra resumed today from Jammu after remaining suspended for two days for the second time in one week due to violent protests in Kashmir following the killing of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani.
“Amarnath yatra has resumed from here. Around 100 vehicles left the Bagwati Nagar base camp for Baltal and Pahalgam,” Deputy Commissioner of Jammu, Simrandeep Singh said.
The yatra was first suspended on July 9 in the wake of violence in the Valley following the killing of the top Hizbul Mujahideen commander. It was again suspended on July 14.
Kashmir Valley has seen violent protests in which 38 people have lost their lives after security forces gunned down the poster boy of Hizbul Mujahideen outfit Wani in an encounter in South Kashmir on July 8.
Till date, more than 1,27,358 yatris have visited the holy cave.
- BJP announces Gujarat candidates for 15 more Lok Sabha seats; total 16 of 26 candidates declared, of them 14 repeated
- Womenfolk hold Maha yagna in Gujarat for re-election of Modi as PM
- Four times ex-MLA in Gujarat Khumansinh Chauhan re-joins Congress party
- Jawahar Chavda issues video statement claiming his remark in local flavoured dialect was misunderstood
- CBDT refutes Media Report
- BJP conducts 'Ghar Ghar Chalo Abhiyan' in Gandhinagar from where party president Amit Shah has been declared candidate