Reliance Jio backs India’s largest ever Olympics contingentJuly 17, 2016
Mumbai: Reliance Jio, the digital services arm of Reliance Industries Limited has won the rights to be the ‘Principal Partner’ of Indian Olympic Association, sponsoring the largest ever Indian Olympic contingent bound for Rio Olympics Games 2016.
Olympics is the single largest global sports event and Reliance Jio’s partnership with IOA is an expression of our nation’s unwavering faith for our sporting heros.
Reliance Industries Limited has a long cherished history of its association with sports in India, promoting and developing various disciplines over the last three decades. In the past seven years, the corporate and its joint venture partner IMG Worldwide have worked closely with the Football and Basketball federations in India.
In addition, the CSR arm of the company – Reliance Foundation has been progressively running multi-year grassroots development programs in football and basketball under Reliance Foundation Young Champs and Reliance Foundation Junior NBA initiatives, introducing over half a million children to sports and providing enhanced training through robust scouting programs.
Reliance Foundation plans to launch country’s largest multi-sports school and colleague initiative staring this year.
Commenting on the association, Reliance Jio spokesperson said, “Reliance Jio is honoured to be part of India’s largest ever contingent for the Olympic Games 2016. Our association with IOA is a natural progression stemming from our corporate’s philosophy of its unwavering faith and empowering today’s young generation. Each one of these athletesqualified to represent India at Olympic Games, is our national hero. Reliance family, on behalf of its 1.3 billion countrymen wishes our athletes the very best.”
- 3500 cu sec water released from Karjan and Sardar Sarovar to give life to river Narmada
- All BJP MLAs from Vadodara and local MP skip President's function at MSU
- Gujarati Lieutenant General to led 69th Republic Day parade in Delhi
- 176 of total 182 newly elected MLAs take oath as member of Gujarat Assembly
- Live: PM Narendra Modi addressing WEF Plenary Session at Davos, Switzerland
- IT raids at premises linked to Happy Home Construction Group in Surat