Amarnath Yatra suspended for third time from JammuJuly 19, 2016
Jammu: The annual Amarnath Yatra was today suspended for the third time in the last 10 days due to the ongoing unrest in the Kashmir Valley following the killing of the Hizbul commander Burhan Wani.
“The yatra has once again been put on hold due to the ongoing unrest in the Valley that witnessed killing of two more persons in Qazigund area on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway,” a police officer said.
“The yatra was suspended after the situation was reviewed by senior officers. They will hold another review meeting to decide on resuming the yatra later in the evening,” he said.
The yatra was initially suspended on July 9 and resumed on July 11 amid tight security. It was stopped again on July 14 and restarted on July 16.
The toll in the 10-day-long spate of violence in the Valley has mounted to 42.
- AI flight to Newark via London with 130 passengers on board grounded at Ahmedabad Airport
- PM meets Global Oil and Gas Experts/CEOs
- Why don't your government arrest Alpesh Thakor; media asks Rupani in Uttar Pradesh
- Gujarat ACB nabs Mamlatdar of Dahod taking bribe for entry of land deal in record
- Another Gir lion found dead, prima facie seems natural death, PM report awaited
- Young lion rescued from deep well in rural Dhari area