Longest flyover of Vadodara named after Pramukh SwamiAugust 17, 2016
Vadodara: The longest flyover at the Fatehgunj locality in the city was today named after late Pramukh Swami, the religious head of the Swaminarayan sect.
The decision to name the flyover after Swami was taken by the Vadodara Municipal Corporation.
The naming ceremony of the bridge was attended by Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu and Gujarat Deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel.
Patel appreciated the gesture of city mayor Bharat Dangar and civic commissioner Vinod Rao to name the bridge after Swami.
Both Prabhu and Patel paid rich tributes to Swami for working for the welfare of the mankind and promoting peace and communal harmony.
The over one-km-long flyover, which was inaugurated in December last year, has helped to decongest the traffic in the area, civic officials said.
The flyover was constructed by the civic body after spending Rs 62.98 crore, they said, adding the beautification work under the flyover has been completed.
- Industry Commissioner to hold meeting in Surat for proposed Pinjrat Mega Textile Park
- Bavalia participates in community meet, Chotila MLA, ex-MLA also present
- Six including PI booked in another Bitcoin fraud case in Gujarat
- Chintan Shivir of Gujarat BJP to prepare the road-map for Loksabha polls begins, Amit Shah to participate tomorrow
- Monsoon advances further in Gujarat, IMD intensifies warning, NDRF teams also alerted
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi's today's Mann Ki Baat address in full text