9 including Junagadh PAAS convener nabbed for insult of tricolourSeptember 03, 2016
Junagadh: Police today nabbed nine people including the Junagadh district convener of Patidar Anamat Aandolan Samiti (PAAS) Ketan alias Kandhal Kansagara in connection with a case of insult of the national flag.
The nine accused were wanted in connection with the alleged insult of the tricolour on August 20 in Ajab village of Keshod. They had allegedly crushed the national flag with their feet during their protest to the Tiranga Yatra of the ruling BJP.
A local woman BJP leader Pravinaben had lodged the complaint in Keshod police station in this regard.
The other eight nabbed by police today have been identified as Bharat Ladani, Sanjay Depaliya, Dipak Ladani, Ashok Makadia, Harji Aghera, Hiren Akola, Sanjay Makadia and Narsi Kalaria.
- In videos: Two Patidar community events at same time, one for progress, another for politics
- Coherent administration, substantial and sustainable social growth and bottom-up approach: Rupani on 4 years of Modi govt in Centre
- Prime Minister to inaugurate Eastern Peripheral Expressway and Phase -I of Delhi-Meerut Expressway
- Health department inquiry team visit Adnai run G K hospital in Bhuj even as 111 children deaths confirmed this year
- Forest Guard attacked by Lioness in Gujarat
- Son of Gujarat completes four years as PM, far longer period compared to earlier Gujarati PM Morarji Desai; Gujarat Congress protests titling it as Vishwasghat Diwas, fields Narmada tweet row fame Rajiv Satav to lead it