9 including Junagadh PAAS convener nabbed for insult of tricolourSeptember 03, 2016
Junagadh: Police today nabbed nine people including the Junagadh district convener of Patidar Anamat Aandolan Samiti (PAAS) Ketan alias Kandhal Kansagara in connection with a case of insult of the national flag.
The nine accused were wanted in connection with the alleged insult of the tricolour on August 20 in Ajab village of Keshod. They had allegedly crushed the national flag with their feet during their protest to the Tiranga Yatra of the ruling BJP.
A local woman BJP leader Pravinaben had lodged the complaint in Keshod police station in this regard.
The other eight nabbed by police today have been identified as Bharat Ladani, Sanjay Depaliya, Dipak Ladani, Ashok Makadia, Harji Aghera, Hiren Akola, Sanjay Makadia and Narsi Kalaria.
- 68.70% polling in second phase as per primary estimates of EC, Exit polls show BJP lead
- Live: Gujarat CM, State BJP chief address the media after final phase of voting concludes
- All exit polls project BJP victory in Gujarat
- Second phase preliminary turnout 68.70%
- Complaint of Congress about PM Modi's 'road show' more of anticipatory nature, Collector Ahmedabad inquiring the matter:CEO B B Swain
- Advani, Jaitley also cast votes during Gujarat assembly polls in Ahmedabdad