Rajnath Singh says critics should show patience for 50-day periodDecember 02, 2016
Lucknow: In a message to those criticising note ban, Union Home Minsiter Rajnath Singh today said they should show patience for the 50-day period as the decision has been taken keeping national interest in mind and the situation will normalise after that.
“Those criticising note ban must exercise patience for at least the 50-day period as the step has been taken in national interest to fight black money and corruption,” he said.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi while announcing the demonetisation decision on November 8 had said there will be some inconvenience to people for the initial 50-day period after which the situation will ease out.
Singh was talking to media persons here on the sidelines of a function where he laid foundation stone of several railway projects.
The Home Minister said the source of money supply will dry up, choking funding for terrorists and Maoists.
Besides, the demonetisation decision will bridge the gap between the rich and the poor, he said.
Opposition parties have locked horns with the government over the issue of demonetisation of high-value currencies with Parliament witnessing a virtual washout since the Winter Session began on November 16.
Singh, who represents Lucknow constituency in Lok Sabha, said there should be no politics over development projects in the Uttar Pradesh.
Observing that metro services will soon begin in Lucknow, he said whatever work he was doing for development of Lucknow, was dedicated to former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee, who was also an MP from the state capital till 2009 before retiring from active politics.
His remarks came a day after Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav flagged-off the trial run of Lucknow Metro in the state capital.
- Flights connecting Ahmedabad to Porbandar and Jaisalmer from today
- Foreign Trade Development Officer caught red handed taking bribe from exporter for correction in foreign trade license from exporter in Gujarat
- Rajkot has got the Gujarat AIIMS due to political heavyweights of the region including CM Rupani and LoP Dhanani: BJP MLA Yogesh Patel
- Cold wave in parts of Gujarat, Met issues warning for tomorrow as well
- Jaxay Shah appointed chairman of Assocham Gujarat chapter
- Three companies sign MoUs with Gujarat govt for Rs. 3,710 crore investment in expansion and new projects