“Rohingya refugees a security threat in Jammu and Kashmir”December 05, 2016
Jammu: Rohingya refugees, who have found safe heaven in Jammu and Kashmir, pose a threat to the security of people in the region and should be “thrown out” of the state, the Vishwa Hindu Parishad today said.
State VHP President Leela Karan Sharma sought to link the terror attack at Nagrota, Samba and other places to the refugees from Myanmar, saying the strikes were not possible “without local support and hideouts”.
“We oppose their settlement in Jammu. The state government should throw out these foreigners out of the state. They should not be allowed to set up clusters on government or private land. It’s a risk to the security of people and the Army,” he said .
“A very deep-rooted conspiracy is being hatched by the refugees from Myanmar. There number, according to government figures released last year, is 5,700. It must have increased by now,” the VHP leader said.
Jammu and Kashmir is a sensitive state a victim of militancy and the Kashmir Valley has seen “forced migration of Hindu families, but the Rohingya refugees were settled in clusters. People in the administration gave them ration, water and electricity connections”, he claimed.
“It is strange how the refugees, after crossing the Indo-Bangla border and crossing the entire country have come to Jammu,” he said.
A VHP delegation also met the Divisional Commissioner Jammu and apprised hime of the issue, Sharma said.
- In videos: Two Patidar community events at same time, one for progress, another for politics
- Coherent administration, substantial and sustainable social growth and bottom-up approach: Rupani on 4 years of Modi govt in Centre
- Prime Minister to inaugurate Eastern Peripheral Expressway and Phase -I of Delhi-Meerut Expressway
- Health department inquiry team visit Adnai run G K hospital in Bhuj even as 111 children deaths confirmed this year
- Forest Guard attacked by Lioness in Gujarat
- Son of Gujarat completes four years as PM, far longer period compared to earlier Gujarati PM Morarji Desai; Gujarat Congress protests titling it as Vishwasghat Diwas, fields Narmada tweet row fame Rajiv Satav to lead it