16 kg gold biscuits recovered from baby diapers at IGIADecember 12, 2016
New Delhi: At least 16 kg gold biscuits hidden in baby diapers were today recovered from the Indira Gandhi International Airport here after a group of fliers coming from Dubai were intercepted by security agencies.
Officials said the recovery was made around 7:00 AM when a group of six passengers arrived here from Dubai and were intercepted for a thorough check.
“Gold biscuits weighing about 16 kgs have been recovered from the passengers. The sixteen gold biscuits, of one kg each, were found cleverly concealed in the diapers and towel of the two babies they were carrying. The two groups comprising a couple and a baby each are from Surat,” they said.
The fliers are being interrogated by Customs officials, they added.
- Non-seasonal rain in South and Central Gujarat
- 4 injured, car, bike torched in communal violence in Matar town of Central Gujarat
- Gujarat govt takes fresh decision regarding scarcity situation; a team to visit Punjab
- Drone visuals of Kartiki Purnima fair at Somnath
- Dahej - Ghogha ro-pax ferry ship halted in sea after high temperature alarm rings
- Wankaner palace antiquities theft case solved, 100% silver recovered but in biscuit form