16 kg gold biscuits recovered from baby diapers at IGIADecember 12, 2016
New Delhi: At least 16 kg gold biscuits hidden in baby diapers were today recovered from the Indira Gandhi International Airport here after a group of fliers coming from Dubai were intercepted by security agencies.
Officials said the recovery was made around 7:00 AM when a group of six passengers arrived here from Dubai and were intercepted for a thorough check.
“Gold biscuits weighing about 16 kgs have been recovered from the passengers. The sixteen gold biscuits, of one kg each, were found cleverly concealed in the diapers and towel of the two babies they were carrying. The two groups comprising a couple and a baby each are from Surat,” they said.
The fliers are being interrogated by Customs officials, they added.
- Gujarat MLA Khant moves High Court to challenge invalidation of caste certificate
- Salinity issue in river Narmada: water discharged from Karjan dam
- Gujarat Multiplex Association decides not to screen Padmaavat
- Unidentified miscreants attack 2 ST buses near Gandhinagar, attempt torching
- Idar observers bandh to save Idariyo Gadh rock mountain against mining
- RIL reports highest quarterly profit, Reliance Jio posts first-ever profit