16 kg gold biscuits recovered from baby diapers at IGIADecember 12, 2016
New Delhi: At least 16 kg gold biscuits hidden in baby diapers were today recovered from the Indira Gandhi International Airport here after a group of fliers coming from Dubai were intercepted by security agencies.
Officials said the recovery was made around 7:00 AM when a group of six passengers arrived here from Dubai and were intercepted for a thorough check.
“Gold biscuits weighing about 16 kgs have been recovered from the passengers. The sixteen gold biscuits, of one kg each, were found cleverly concealed in the diapers and towel of the two babies they were carrying. The two groups comprising a couple and a baby each are from Surat,” they said.
The fliers are being interrogated by Customs officials, they added.
- Rajkot - Mumbai Duranto train flagged off
- House catches fire due to self immolation by owner in Ahmedabad
- Gujarat continue to reel under heat-wave, records first over 46°C temperature of this summer
- Gujarat Board to announce Class 10 exam results tomorrow
- President Ram Nath Kovind to be on one-day Surat visit on May 29
- BJP protest in front of Congress HQ in Gujarat against MLA Thumar's indecent remarks