16 kg gold biscuits recovered from baby diapers at IGIADecember 12, 2016
New Delhi: At least 16 kg gold biscuits hidden in baby diapers were today recovered from the Indira Gandhi International Airport here after a group of fliers coming from Dubai were intercepted by security agencies.
Officials said the recovery was made around 7:00 AM when a group of six passengers arrived here from Dubai and were intercepted for a thorough check.
“Gold biscuits weighing about 16 kgs have been recovered from the passengers. The sixteen gold biscuits, of one kg each, were found cleverly concealed in the diapers and towel of the two babies they were carrying. The two groups comprising a couple and a baby each are from Surat,” they said.
The fliers are being interrogated by Customs officials, they added.
- Rahul Gandhi's claim on SPG - RSS a lie: MHA issues clarification
- Foundation stone laid for 44 km 6-lane conversion of Sarkhej - Gandhinagar - Chiloda highway
- Sikkim now on country's aviation map; PM Narendra Modi opens India's 100th airport at Pakyong
- Latest and perhaps last spell of monsoon in Gujarat adds around 5% to rain-average in parching North and East Central regions
- Foundation stone laying ceremony of six lane conversion of Sarkhej - Chiloda highway on Monday
- Ganesh Murti vandalized in Surat; five booked