Kumar mangalam Birla refuses to react to Rahul’s allegation, demonetizationDecember 23, 2016
Ahmedabad: Country’s leading industrialist and captain of Birla group Kumarmangalam Birla who has been appointed new Chairman of Indian Institute of Management(IIM) Ahmedabad today while interacting with media in the campus refused to speak about Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi’s allegations.
Birla who addressed the media with IIMA Director Mr. Nanda when asked about Rahul Gandhi’s allegations, in his reply said: “I don’t know about and don’t want to talk about it.”
When asked again, he said he wouldn’t like to talk about it as the matter is sub judice.
Birla also refused to refused to give his views on demonetization issue in reply to query by a scribe.
Both Birla and Nanda clarified that only IIMA related questions should be asked.
Birla however took question regarding his group’s participation in upcoming Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit which is scheduled to take place in the second week of January in state capital Gandhinagar.
Birla who stayed at campus for two days after being appointed Chairman of this premier management institute said he was impressed with whatever the staff, faculty and alumni are doing at IIMA. He said he couldn’t join IIMA as a student but was happy to come here as Chairman of the Board of Governance of this institute that every urban Indian is proud of.
- ACB nabs official in North Gujarat for taking bribe for sanction of house under PM housing scheme
- Gujarat govt gives in-principle approval to Bhadar river bridge, box-culvert in poll-bound Jasdan
- 3 draft TP of Ahmedabad, first draft of Pal TP scheme in Surat, Development Plan of JUDA approved
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- On tip off from NIA, Gujarat ATS nabs West Bengal linked fake currency note dealer
- Gujarat CM launches Ekta Yatra from Bardoli to create awareness about Statue of Unity