Chinese string of kite tangles with electric wire, two boys hospitalized in GujaratDecember 25, 2016
Palanpur: The use of banned Chinese string for flying kite today costed dearly to two boys in Palanpur, the headquarter town of Banskantha district of North Gujarat when they were hospitalized owing to it.
Police said that two boys Chirag and Anup were flying kite in Chankapuri society of the city when its string got tangled up with a high voltage overhead wire.
As the string was Chinese one with traces of metal, it behaved like a conductor of electricity and the two boys holding it felt a strong electric shock.
They were admitted to the local civil hospital where condition of one of them is said to be critical.
Notably, many cases of loss of lives owing to injuries caused by the Chinese string especially during Uttarayan season in the past prompted the authorities to ban it.
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- GPCB orders closure of 7 industrial units for continuous violation of discharge norms
- After withdrawing MFN status to Pakistan, India raise import duty on Pakistani goods by 200%
- 2 workers of Jindal Saw Ltd's pipe making plant in Kutch of Gujarat die as melted iron falls on them
- Rs 43.28 lakh loot in Axis bank in rural Gandhinagar, looters fire gun shot at one employee
- Aansu ka pura pura jawab liya jayenga, koi kasar chhodi nahi jayengi, the world will experience new India now: PM Modi at Dhule