Mandvi rape and murder case handed over to range IG: MoS HomeDecember 29, 2016
Gandhinagar: Gujarat government has today handed over probe into rape and murder of Bhavnaben Kheni on 1st December at Mandvi village of Gariadhar taluka of Bhavnagar district to range I.G. of Bhavnagar in order to ensure speedy legal process.
Sharing this detail, Minister of State for Home Pradipsinh Jadeja said the accused in this case was arrested on 2nd December and he is in Bhavnagar jail under judicial custody at present. Jadeja said the government took quick action in this case. The Chief Minister had met the family of victim woman and assured speedy probe.
Jadeja said as many as 26 samples related to this incident of crime are collected and sent to forensic science laboratory. The accused will be taken to forensic science laboratory in Junagadh to undergo suspect detection system. Further procedure for lie detection test will be carried out ass per court order on 31 December.
In response to victim Bhavnaben’s son Alpeshbhai’s talk with state BJP president, not just the case has been handed over to range IG but a decision has also been taken to appoint woman police officer in Gariadhar police station according to Jadeja.
- CM Rupani shares details of PM Narendra Modi's September 30 Gujarat visit
- GIFT City Gujarat based BSE India INX daily turnover volume peaks at all time high of INR 8,112.58 crores
- Through iON digital platform, TCS democratizes recruitment providing equal opportunity to young engineers across India
- First building on reclaimed land of river Sabarmati inaugurated in Ahmedabad
- AMC removes dangerous portion of minaret of Ek Toda mosque in Dolatkhana area
- Highways connecting Patan to Harij, Sidhpur and Unjha to be converted to four-lane