3825 cops on Vibrant Summit duty; MoS Home reviews security arrangementsJanuary 03, 2017
Gandhinagar: Minister of State for Home Pradipsinh Jadeja today visited Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar to review the security arrangements in connection with upcoming Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit scheduled to take place on 10-11-12 January and Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi’s visit on 9-10 January.
Capital town Gandhinagar is going to witness Suryakiran air show, ground breaking for Gandhinagar railway station reconstruction project, inauguration of global trade show, inauguration of Bombay Stock Exchange IFSC facility at GIFT city, Nobel exhibition and round-table(at Science City in Ahmedabad) on January 9 in presence of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi. The capital town will also host inauguration of Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit on January 10 in presence of Prime Minister and subsequent sessions of summit till January 12.
According to Jadeja. Additional DG, 5 IG and DIG, 16 SP, 66 DySP, PI, PSI – in total 3825 cops are on duty related to the events listed above. Two teams of National Security Guards(NSG), Chetak Commando, Bomb Disposal Teams, ten teams dedicated to QRT code identification are part of the security arrangements.
Entire Mahatma Mandir area has been covered under CCTV vigil.
Around 15,000 vehicles are likely to arrive during the summit. Parking arrangements are made at 11 places. 80 buses with carrying capacity of 1200 are to be arranged.
Participants who have registered online will be able to know about sitting arrangement and route via special mobile application.
- Man dies after brutally thrashed in factory in Shapar Veraval; video goes viral
- Gujarat Govt approves Rs.900-crore project to make Tapi River pollution-free; CM launches Rs 492.60 crore projects in Surat
- Rs 61.12 crore Adajan Bus Port opens in Surat
- Rupani asks NRGs in USA to support ‘Jal Sanchay Abhiyan’ in Gujarat
- Gujarat govt, NASSCOM sign MoU to set up Centre of Excellence for IOT at IITGn
- News in brief from across Gujarat