133 MoUs between Rs 1000-4000 crores, 50 MoUs above Rs 4000 crore signed:Gujarat govtJanuary 11, 2017
Gandhinagar: Gujarat government today said that a large number of MoU’s were singed on the second day of the 8 th Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit today of which 133 were the ones involving a sum between Rs 1000 crores to 4000 crores, while 50 were the ones involving a sum over Rs 4000 crores.
Deputy Chief Minister cum Finance Minister of Gujarat Nitin Patel said that a large number of MoU’s were singed on the second day as well of which 133 were those involving a sum between Rs 1000 crores to 4000 crores.
In all over 350 MoU’s were singed in food processing sector. 89 of Rs 16000 crore in IT sector, 54 of Rs 5022 crore in Bio-tech among others, he said.
Among major MoUs are two involving Reliance and Essar MoUs with Russian firms for their Jamnagar refineries. Another major MoU was with MRF which was worth Rs 4,500 crore.
Patel said today 41 one-to-one meetings were held by Chief Minister while 200 meetings were business to government and 41 were business to business ones. As many as 9 seminars were held today in which union ministers also provided guidance.
Textile major Welspun singed Rs 4000 crore MoU for setting up three different plants, MRF singed MoU with regard to Rs 4500 crore plant in Bharuch with a capacity of a million tyre per month. Reliance and Essar Groups also singed MoU’s with regard to petroleum sector with Russian companies. Rs 65000 crore credit flow MoU’s were singed by three public sector banks among others.
Notably the 4 day biennial summit inaugurated by Prime Minister Narnedar Modi had also seen signing of a large number of MoU’s on day one. It is expected that during the event over 25000 MoU’s involving a sum of around Rs 30 lakh crores would be singed which would result in creation of over 2 lakh job opportunities. In the last edition of the event in 2015, MoU’s worth Rs 25 lakh crores were singed.
Delegates from over 100 countries including 12 partner ones and 8 partner organizations were participating in the event started by Mr Modi as the then Chief Minister in 2003.
- Gujarat High Court Advocates Association gives boycott call to protest against Justice Patel's transfer
- Fully satisfied with government decisions, now those who wish to oppose must take their own way: Kotadiya
- Former PAAS convener of Surat Nikhil Savani joins BJP with 150 welcoming govt decisions related to Patidars
- GCA felicitates Ranji Trophy 2016-17 Champion Team of Gujarat with Rs 3 crore cheque
- JSW Energy Ltd to set up Rs 4,000 crore electric vehicle plant in Gujarat; MoU signed
- Gujarat govt to make Aayog for unreserved segments; appoint panel for probe into alleged police excesses