CM to visit birds rescue center on kite flying dayJanuary 13, 2017
Gandhinagar: Thousands of birds suffer injuries and some of them suffer death due to lethal sharp thread of kites on and around kite flying day(14/15 January or Uttarayan – Makarsankranti) every year in Gujarat. The state government has launched ‘Karuna movement’ during 10-20 January for awareness on this. The State government has like every year created facilities for medical treatment of injured birds in partnership of voluntary organizations and various departments of government.To give boost to ‘Karuna Abhiyan’, the Chief Minister himself will visit Wildlife Care Center in Ahmedabad’s Bodakdev area on Uttarayan day at 10 am.
- Moderate tremor in central South Gujarat, epicenter near Netrang in Bharuch, no damage reported
- Body of lion found in millet field in Gujarat
- Union Cabinet clears ordinance to award death penalty to child rapists
- Live: PM Modi addresses Civil Servants in Delhi
- Parimal Nathwani written 'Gir Lion : Pride of Gujarat' book launched in Ahmedabad
- Gujarat CM at Dholera SIR tomorrow to lay foundation stone for two projects