CM to visit birds rescue center on kite flying dayJanuary 13, 2017
Gandhinagar: Thousands of birds suffer injuries and some of them suffer death due to lethal sharp thread of kites on and around kite flying day(14/15 January or Uttarayan – Makarsankranti) every year in Gujarat. The state government has launched ‘Karuna movement’ during 10-20 January for awareness on this. The State government has like every year created facilities for medical treatment of injured birds in partnership of voluntary organizations and various departments of government.To give boost to ‘Karuna Abhiyan’, the Chief Minister himself will visit Wildlife Care Center in Ahmedabad’s Bodakdev area on Uttarayan day at 10 am.
- Six journalists honored with Narad Award in a function in Gujarat
- ACB nabs deputy Mamlatdar red handed taking bribe in Central Gujarat
- PM takes spiritual break, takes 2 km trek to a solitary cave near Kedarnath
- Son of Gujarat Congress MLA and party candidate from Rajkot LS seat, dies in road mishap in West Bengal
- Two injured in different incidents of leopard attacks in Gujarat, one in Navasari city
- Day before final phase of polling, BJP chief Amit Shah performs 'Tatkal Mahapuja' at Somnath temple