Gujarat Budget: First year polytechnic, college students to get tablet for Rs 1,000February 21, 2017
Gandhinagar: Gujarat government today in its annual budget for financial year 2017-18 announced tablet for token price of Rs 1,000 to all students who pass board exam of 12th standard and get admission in polytechnics and colleges. The figure of beneficiary students according to Finance Minister Nitin Patel who presented budget speech in the assembly today is 3.50 lakh. Patel in budget speech said the tablet will cost Rs 5000 to 6000 but students will need to pay only token price of Rs 1,000 while rest of the cost will be beard by the government. He proposed allocation of Rs 200 crore for this in budget.
- BJP snatches five district panchayats from Congress
- Two children injured as main gate of SMC run school falls
- AMC to soon launch Smart Parking App
- Budget allocation for agriculture doubled, MSP to include cost of family labour: PM Modi to farmers
- Live: PM Narendra Modi interacts with farmers via video
- 1.25 crore to participate in Yoga Day events across Gujarat, world record to be attempted