Gujarat Budget: First year polytechnic, college students to get tablet for Rs 1,000February 21, 2017
Gandhinagar: Gujarat government today in its annual budget for financial year 2017-18 announced tablet for token price of Rs 1,000 to all students who pass board exam of 12th standard and get admission in polytechnics and colleges. The figure of beneficiary students according to Finance Minister Nitin Patel who presented budget speech in the assembly today is 3.50 lakh. Patel in budget speech said the tablet will cost Rs 5000 to 6000 but students will need to pay only token price of Rs 1,000 while rest of the cost will be beard by the government. He proposed allocation of Rs 200 crore for this in budget.
- Jio announces Republic Day 2018 plan
- General elections of 75 municipalities in Gujarat on February 17
- 3500 cu sec water released from Karjan and Sardar Sarovar to give life to river Narmada
- All BJP MLAs from Vadodara and local MP skip President's function at MSU
- Gujarati Lieutenant General to led 69th Republic Day parade in Delhi
- 176 of total 182 newly elected MLAs take oath as member of Gujarat Assembly