Dahej – Ghogha Ro Ro Ferry project to complete this year: CM reiteratesMarch 16, 2017
Gandhinagar: Gujarat government has reiterated that Dahej – Ghogha Ro Ro Ferry will be operational within 2017.
In written reply to Congress MLA’s question in assembly, the Chief Minister said, by January 2017, there has been 80.54% physical progress in construction of Ro Ro Ferry terminal. Rs 223.35 crore contract for this task has been assigned to Essar Project India, while capital dredging work has been awarded to Hyderabad based Dharti Dredging and Infrastructure Ltd for Rs 191.65 crore. The terminal of Ro Ro Ferry will be operated by private party for which the work has been assigned to Surat based Saurashtra Enviro Project Ltd company, Gurgaon based Star Ferry India Ltd and American company Black Ball Transport Inc. After the completion of capital dredging in May 2017, the ferry operation will be started within this year.
The project – very crucial for easier and speedier transport between Saurashtra and South Gujarat is long pending and delayed.
- Phoenix Mills Ltd - Bsafal Joint Venture to acquire and develop 5.16 acre land on SG Highway in Ahmedabad
- Himalaya, Ahmedabad One Mall make parking free
- John Abraham participates in shooting of Raw in Junagadh, Pakistan like look given to shooting-locations
- Citizens in Ahmedabad participate in rally against 'Love-Jihad'
- Octogenarian BJP MP Liladhar Vaghela now says MoS Haribhai should spare his LS seat for him
- PM to gift 200 cows to Rwanda, address parliament of Uganda, meet Jinping in SA on sidelines of BRICS