Dahej – Ghogha Ro Ro Ferry project to complete this year: CM reiteratesMarch 16, 2017
Gandhinagar: Gujarat government has reiterated that Dahej – Ghogha Ro Ro Ferry will be operational within 2017.
In written reply to Congress MLA’s question in assembly, the Chief Minister said, by January 2017, there has been 80.54% physical progress in construction of Ro Ro Ferry terminal. Rs 223.35 crore contract for this task has been assigned to Essar Project India, while capital dredging work has been awarded to Hyderabad based Dharti Dredging and Infrastructure Ltd for Rs 191.65 crore. The terminal of Ro Ro Ferry will be operated by private party for which the work has been assigned to Surat based Saurashtra Enviro Project Ltd company, Gurgaon based Star Ferry India Ltd and American company Black Ball Transport Inc. After the completion of capital dredging in May 2017, the ferry operation will be started within this year.
The project – very crucial for easier and speedier transport between Saurashtra and South Gujarat is long pending and delayed.
- Bus collides with tree in South Gujarat, 2 passengers from Ahmedabad dead, 4 injured
- IRCTC to run Shree Ramayana special train from Rajkot from December 7
- Statue of Unity projection mapping show known as Laser Show to get a more organized shape in coming days, the free of charge 30 minute show going on regular in the evening since Gujarati new year day
- Vinay Shah ad/investment scam: A day after announcement of probe, CID-crime team visits police stations in Ahmedabad to take case papers
- Procurement of groundnut at MSP starts in Gujarat from today, strict measures to check irregularity
- Vibrant Summit 2019: Gujarat CM to lead road show in Delhi on Friday