Dahej – Ghogha Ro Ro Ferry project to complete this year: CM reiteratesMarch 16, 2017
Gandhinagar: Gujarat government has reiterated that Dahej – Ghogha Ro Ro Ferry will be operational within 2017.
In written reply to Congress MLA’s question in assembly, the Chief Minister said, by January 2017, there has been 80.54% physical progress in construction of Ro Ro Ferry terminal. Rs 223.35 crore contract for this task has been assigned to Essar Project India, while capital dredging work has been awarded to Hyderabad based Dharti Dredging and Infrastructure Ltd for Rs 191.65 crore. The terminal of Ro Ro Ferry will be operated by private party for which the work has been assigned to Surat based Saurashtra Enviro Project Ltd company, Gurgaon based Star Ferry India Ltd and American company Black Ball Transport Inc. After the completion of capital dredging in May 2017, the ferry operation will be started within this year.
The project – very crucial for easier and speedier transport between Saurashtra and South Gujarat is long pending and delayed.
- 68.70% polling in second phase as per primary estimates of EC, Exit polls show BJP lead
- Live: Gujarat CM, State BJP chief address the media after final phase of voting concludes
- All exit polls project BJP victory in Gujarat
- Second phase preliminary turnout 68.70%
- Complaint of Congress about PM Modi's 'road show' more of anticipatory nature, Collector Ahmedabad inquiring the matter:CEO B B Swain
- Advani, Jaitley also cast votes during Gujarat assembly polls in Ahmedabdad