30 meter work of Statue of Unity project overMarch 23, 2017
Bharuch: Rs 530 crore amount has been spent so far for construction of the Statue of Unity featuring Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel at Narmada dam in Central Gujarat. So far RCC core work has been completed upto 30 meter and girder work is in progress along with the construction of main bridge and RCC road. The Statue of Unity project will complete in year 2018. More than 2500 laborers and 150 engineers are presently working on the site. Making of concrete structure for Sardar Patel’s main body figure is likely to start in the month of November with his foot. While the inner structure will be made of steel, the outer layer will have steel and finally bronze plates above it to give it a shape of Sardar Patel in standing posture.
- Trailer of upcoming Hindi film PM Narendra Modi released
- Swami Aseemanand, other accused acquitted in Samjhauta Express blast case
- PM Modi interacts with Chowkidars through audio bridge
- Nirav Modi arrested in London, court rejects his bail plea
- In pictures: Celebrations of festival of Holi in Amdavad, Gujarat
- Chirag Patel mysterious death case probe handed over to Crime Branch