30 meter work of Statue of Unity project overMarch 23, 2017
Bharuch: Rs 530 crore amount has been spent so far for construction of the Statue of Unity featuring Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel at Narmada dam in Central Gujarat. So far RCC core work has been completed upto 30 meter and girder work is in progress along with the construction of main bridge and RCC road. The Statue of Unity project will complete in year 2018. More than 2500 laborers and 150 engineers are presently working on the site. Making of concrete structure for Sardar Patel’s main body figure is likely to start in the month of November with his foot. While the inner structure will be made of steel, the outer layer will have steel and finally bronze plates above it to give it a shape of Sardar Patel in standing posture.
- Has State govt nod for prosecution of Vanzara and Amin in Ishrat case: CBI to court
- Pharmac 2018 to be held in Ahmedabad from Oct 25 to 27
- Man held from Bihar for rape and murder of 3 and a half year old girl brought back to Surat
- Talati strike in Gujarat hit related work in gram panchayats, teachers assigned job temporarily
- Video of controversial SP Swami, kicking old aged devotee goes viral
- Boating facility to be developed for tourists visiting Statue of Unity