Gujarat polls possible in May-end or June-first week, we have started preparing for it: Gujarat Congress cheifMarch 24, 2017
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress president Bharatsinh Solanki while speaking to media persons at State party headquarters today said that the party will soon hold Navsarjan camp to train booth incharges in connection with upcoming assembly general elections.
He said today’s top level meeting of Gujarat Congress discussed booth management and page in-charges.
He said it appears that elections may arrive in May-end of June first week.
He said panels of possible candidates will be handed over by district Congress committees to State committee now. Screening committee will be announced soon by All India Congress Committee(AICC) and we are speedily going ahead in direction to prepare for upcoming assembly polls.
About proposed Adivasi Yatra in tribal belt, Solanki said it has been canceled for now due to Sarpanch polls that are going to be held on 8 April and also due to Standard 10th and 12th board exams. Instead of yatra, the party will hold five public meetings in tribal belt in which State party incharge Kamat and party’s national vice president Rahul Gandhi also will be invited.
About decisions taken on candidate selection, Solanki said those who have lost elections twice and those who lost it by margin of over 20,000 votes will not be given ticket. Those who have not prepared booth lists will also not be included in panels of candidates.
When asked specifically to comment on early elections, Solanki said it is widely in discussion that BJP thinks it should marry soon or. They may attempt for holding elections early, but exact timing will be known only when they dissolve the assembly.
When asked whether the party has taken any decision regarding repeating sitting MLAs,Solanki said those who can win will get ticket.
Solanki also said that the party has decided to field 50% youth candidates and at least one woman candidate in each district.
- Gujarat High Court Advocates Association gives boycott call to protest against Justice Patel's transfer
- Fully satisfied with government decisions, now those who wish to oppose must take their own way: Kotadiya
- Former PAAS convener of Surat Nikhil Savani joins BJP with 150 welcoming govt decisions related to Patidars
- GCA felicitates Ranji Trophy 2016-17 Champion Team of Gujarat with Rs 3 crore cheque
- JSW Energy Ltd to set up Rs 4,000 crore electric vehicle plant in Gujarat; MoU signed
- Gujarat govt to make Aayog for unreserved segments; appoint panel for probe into alleged police excesses