Despite marginal drop in temp, Heat-wave to continue in parts of GujaratMarch 29, 2017
The nonseasonal heat-wave in Gujarat will continue tomorrow as well even as despite a marginal lowering of temperatures 11 places (compared to 13 of the last two days) saw the mercury soaring over 40° C today with Amreli being hottest for second consecutive day at 42.9° C.
Surendranagar and Kandla airport were second hottest with similar reading of 42° C.
Ahmedabad recorded a maximum of 41.8 ° C which was still 4.2 °C above normal. The minimum here at 25.2 ° C was also 3.8°C above normal.
Amid continuing dry north westerly winds from neighbouring Rajasthan the met office has predicted continued heat wave at isolated parts of Gujarat tomorrow as well.
The maximum and minimum temperatures across Gujarat today were as following –
PORBANDAR 38.6 23.8 AHMEDABAD 41.8 25.2 RAJKOT 41.3 22.7 DEESA 41.2 23.6 VERAVAL 35.5 24.4 GANDHI NAGAR 41.5 25.0 SURENDRANAGAR 42.0 24.2 MAHUVA 36.2 24.9 VADODARA 41.6 24.0 BHUJ 40.0 23.3 SURAT 38.0 26.4 MANDVI 37.0 23.0 VALSAD 40.9 21.6 NALIYA 37.0 19.0 AMRELI 42.9 23.8 KANDLA AIRPORT 42.0 22.1 BHAVNAGAR 40.1 27.6 DWRKA 29.5 23.8 OKHA 29.7 24.0.
- Former Gujarat minister joins Congress
- Gujarat CM opens hostel and school, presents kits and assistance to 4,500 elderly poor citizens
- Mahamana Express to cut time of journey between Vadodara and Varanasi by 7 hours: Piyush Goyal
- One lakh Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayats to be held; launch in Gujarat tomorrow
- Toll collection on new Narmada river bridge in Bharuch as per rule, no norm violated: NHAI
- One of 17 Skill Training Centres approved by GoI for Gujarat opens at Morbi