Environment Clearance awaited to kick off Kandla Port Smart City project: KPTApril 06, 2017
Bhuj: Addressing the media persons on occasion of National Maritime Day, Kandla Port Trust(KPT) Chairman Ravi Parmar said that if environment clearance is received soon the Smart City project of Kandla will be kicked off within next four months. He said KPT has witnessed 51% growth in profit this eyar. Against Rs 422.15 crore profit last year, this year the profit is likely to touch Rs 651.03 crore mark. Kandla Port has allotted land for tank farms which will facilitate handling of further liquid cargo. Construction of new oil jetties (7,8,9) is going on. Jetty number 7 is ready for last one year but not operational yet due to lack of environment clearance. Growth has been achieved by 6% in turnaround time of ships, by 2% in ship handling and by 3% in pre-berthing detention. Parmar said KPT will start a new programme for visitors who will be availed guided tour with slide dhow shortly.
- BJP state election committee to meet at CM residence for selection of candidates for Junagadh civic poll
- Shahibag Under pass to remain closed from 10 pm to 6am every day from tomorrow till July 3
- Former Indian women team trainer appointed head trainer of Baroda Ranji team
- Day on arrival of Monsoon in Gujarat, rain lashes over 50 talukas, 2 deaths due to lightening, no more heavy rain spells likely in coming few days
- Abellon CleanEnergy inks pact with German Agraferm Group to set up biogas plants in Gujarat
- PM Modi's reply to the motion of thanks on the President's Address in the Rajya Sabha