5 lakh visited Amdavad National Book Fair 2017, over 2 lakh books sold: AMCMay 07, 2017
Ahmedabad: As many as 5 lakh visitors visited Amdavad National Book Fair during 1-7 May this year, said Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation(AMC) in a note released here.
Initiated by then Chief Minister Narendra Modi, the Amdavad National Book Fair is organized every year during 1-7 May. The latest edition which concluded today was 6th in series.
As per AMC note, more than 2 lakh books were sold in book fair. Ahmedabad based Gurjar publication sold 18,000 books while Rajkot based Pravin Publication sold 1100 books. Navjivan which is into Gandhian literature publication sold 750 books.
As many as 2,000 books were received at Pustak Parab on the venue as donation.
1 lakh visited participated in quiz at quiz corner.
More than 50 programmes were held during the 7-day book fair. Gyanganga sessions hosted interaction between authors and readers. More than 1,000 youths participated in workshops on writing. Session dedicated to late giants of Gujarati literatures were also held. Speeches, Gujarati music programmes, Musharya, Kavi sammelan etc events were attended by the people in large number. Some of the legends who gave performance included Hemant Chauhan, Parshottam Upadhyay and Bhikhudan Gadhvi.
- ACB nabs official in North Gujarat for taking bribe for sanction of house under PM housing scheme
- Gujarat govt gives in-principle approval to Bhadar river bridge, box-culvert in poll-bound Jasdan
- 3 draft TP of Ahmedabad, first draft of Pal TP scheme in Surat, Development Plan of JUDA approved
- News in brief from across Gujarat
- On tip off from NIA, Gujarat ATS nabs West Bengal linked fake currency note dealer
- Gujarat CM launches Ekta Yatra from Bardoli to create awareness about Statue of Unity