SAC Ahmedabad and Indian Navy sign MoUMay 15, 2017
Ahmedabad: Indian Navy and Space Application Centre (SAC) of Indian Space Research Organization(ISRO) today in Ahmedabad signed a ‘Memorandum of Understanding on Data Sharing and Scientific cooperation in the field of Meteorology and Oceanology’.
The broad areas of cooperation include, sharing of non-confidential observational data for pre-launch sensor calibration and post launch satellite data validation, operational use of SAC generated weather products, provisioning expertise for installation of various satellite data processing modules at Naval METOC organisations, carrying out calibration and validation for ocean models, transfer of technology to generate weather information, training on latest technology and sharing of subject matter experts between the organisations for effective knowledge transfer.
With this initiative, both the organisations have embarked on a common platform of mutual cooperation, wherein the scientific advancements and expertise achieved by SAC would be synergised into the Indian Naval efforts to keep the Nation’s Defence Forces in step with rapid development in the field of Environment Sciences and Satellite Data acquisition technology. This has further boosted the already established collaboration between the two organisations.
Vice Admiral SN Ghormade, AVSM, NM, Director General Naval Operations and Mr Tapan Misra, Director, SAC signed the MoU in presence of various scientists from Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences Group/ SAC, Principal Director Naval Oceanology and Meteorology and Chief Staff Officer, Gujarat Naval Area.
- Charas worth over Rs one crore seized in Gujarat, 2 Kashmiri smugglers nabbed
- Strike of junior doctors in Civil Hospital withdrawn after talk with Health Minister Nitin Patel
- Arun Jaitley on four years of Narendra Modi government in Centre
- BJP chief Amit Shah on four years of Narendra Modi government in Centre
- Gujarat BJP to mark Modi government's four years in Centre through reach out campaign
- Meeting of former MLAs of Vaghela camp including incumbent BJP MLA C K Raulji held