Gujarat govt presents Rs 1 crore cheque to makers of National Award winner Gujarati filmMay 17, 2017
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani today handed over Rs 1 crore cheque to makers of Gujarati film ‘Wrong Side Raju’ in capital Gandhinagar today.
As per a policy for Gujarati films announced in February last year, Gujarati film that wins National Award gets Rs 1 crore reward.
The film Wrong Side Raju, made by Abhishak Jain of Cineman Productions has won National Award this year.
Dirctor of the film Mikhil Musle and others were felicitated on this occasion.
Actor Manoj Joshi who has won National Award as supporting actor for Marathi film and Hitu Kanodia who has won Dadasaheb Falke foundation award like his father Nareshbhai were also felicitated in this function.
Film maker Abhishek Jain who has given Gujarati films Kevi Rite Jaish, Bey Yaar and Wrong Side Raju in his speech thanked Gujarat government for support extended in last two years such as tax-free status, incentive policy for Gujarati films, favorable tourism policy, single window clearance etc. Jain said he would make films in future only with aim that Gujarati movies reach international audience and award functions.
Actor Manoj Joshi in his speech said pat on the back by mother(land) was highest award. He said his ancestors during the time of Shivaji had shifted to Maharashtra, but Gujarat is his motherland. He said Gujarat is beautiful state for films. He said Gujarat has no shortage of talent. The state needs just good willingness.
Joshi said his upcoming Gujarati film will go to floor in the month of August or September this year. He hoped this film will be a world-class movie.
- 3500 cu sec water released from Karjan and Sardar Sarovar to give life to river Narmada
- All BJP MLAs from Vadodara and local MP skip President's function at MSU
- Gujarati Lieutenant General to led 69th Republic Day parade in Delhi
- 176 of total 182 newly elected MLAs take oath as member of Gujarat Assembly
- Live: PM Narendra Modi addressing WEF Plenary Session at Davos, Switzerland
- IT raids at premises linked to Happy Home Construction Group in Surat