Dahej Ghogha Ro – Ro Ferry project to be completed by 15th August: Rupani at BhavnagarJune 08, 2017
Bhavnagar: Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani who visited Ghogha and Dahej in last two days to and reviewed the progress of Dahej – Ghogha Ro Ro ferry project on both sides of the sea yesterday addressing a public meeting in Bhavnagar said the government is determined to complete the project by 15th August this year and Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi will be invited for its opening.
Rupani said the distance between Bhavnagar and Surat is 8 hours at present, but after ro ro ferry is operational the distance will be down to 2 hours only. Rupani said Bhavnagar district will become a gateway of Saurashtra through ro ro ferry terminal at Ghogha.
‘You can drive your car from Palitana, reach Ghogha in Saurashtra and park your car in roll-on/roll-off ship. Once the ship reaches Dahej in South Gujarat across the gulf of Khambhat, you can unload your vehicle from the ship and continue the road journey to Surat,’ Rupani said.
Speaking in this public meeting, local MLA and state BJP chief Vaghani said 90% work of ro – ro ferry project has been completed.
The Chief Minister in his speech also announced a mega job fair for around 25,000 women in next fortnight in Ahmedabad by the government.
The Chief Minister dedicated 1506 economic weaker section housing units worth Rs 91 crore, sewage treatment plant of 30 mld capacity on Kumbharwada Nari road worth Rs 21 crore, Akshaypatra midda meal scheme kitchen for around 50,000 children worth Rs 4 crore, ground breaking of 2548 units of affordable housing for economically weaker section worth Rs 150 crore, 25 mld water treatment plant at Chitra worth Rs 7 crore and also performed draw for 2548 economically weaker section housing units bilt under Pradhanmantri Awas Yojana.
- My heart had stopped beating for ten minutes, then I got back the life: Haribapa continuing to build fancy stories
- Ten booked for allegedly demanding Rs 35 lakh for not filing atrocity case
- 25 tonne Kesar mango exported so far from Talala market yard in Gujarat, auction to start on 3rd May
- Surat: Bank files cheating complaint against Mudra Yojana beneficiary for nil repayment of loan in two years
- Bruhad Mumbai Gujarati Samaj Bhavan building to be inaugurated on May 6
- Angry voice of farmers-activists echoed in stakeholders consultation meet for bullet train project in Vadodara