Unserved Kandla airport gets new life under UDAN scheme: SpiceJet to start daily Kandla – Mumbai flight next monthJune 12, 2017
Bhuj: Private airlines Spicejet is going to start daily flight service connecting Kandla and Mumbai. Online booking for this flight has already started on Spicejet website.
The daily flight will leave Kandla airport at 3.10 pm and reach Mumbai at 4.50 pm after 1 hour and 40 minutes journey. Kandla – Mumbai fair as per the website of Spicejet is rs 2,500 including taxes and fees. The flight from Mumbai will leave at 1.05 pm and reach kandla at 2.30 pm after one 1 hour and 25 minute journey. Ticket fare will be same.
Meanwhile the rival private operator Jet Airways which operates between Bhuj and Mumbai has lowered its airfare due to new competition by Spicejet.
It’s worth mentioning here that SpiceJet, the low-cost carrier, was in last March awarded 6 proposals and 11 routes under the first phase of the Government of India’s UDAN Regional Connectivity Scheme. Out of the 6 finalised proposals 4 will cater to unserved markets of Adampur, Kandla, Pondicherry and Jaisalmer whereas 2 will be for underserved markets of Porbandar and Kanpur.
SpiceJet will be serving 6 airports by operating flights on the routes of Adampur–Delhi-Adampur, Kandla–Mumbai-Kandla, Pondicherry–Hyderabad-Pondicherry, Mumbai-Porbandar, Jaisalmer– Jaipur-Jaisalmer and Kanpur– Delhi-Kanpur. Under the scheme, SpiceJet has 3 years exclusivity on the routes which makes it the only airline to operate on these sectors. Moreover the airline is also set to benefit from the reduced cost on account of low ATF tax besides exemption from landing and parking charges in these airports as proposed under the RCS scheme.
SpiceJet with its fleet inclusive of 17 Bombardier Q400 aircrafts with a seating capacity of 78, will serve all RCS routes. The airline is currently the largest player in the country under the regional connectivity scheme.The selected RCS sectors will be further connected to SpiceJet’s existing domestic and international network through onward connections.
- Nita Ambani performs Madhurashtakam, entire Ambani family dance on 'Gujju' song, Salman Khan dances as background artist at Isha Ambani's pre-wedding celebration in Udaipur
- Jagdish Thakkar PRO of PM Modi who also served as PRO of various Gujarat CMs passes away
- Jasdan by-poll: Fake news alert
- Nita Ambani visits Swadesh Bazaar - supporting 108 traditional Indian Crafts
- A group of 30 professors from Gujarat visit PM Modi after attending training programme in U.K.
- Gujarat to have Consul office of Kazakhstan; inauguration on Monday