Varanasi – Vadodara Mahamana Express’s launch todayJune 23, 2017
Vadodara: The Indian Railways is today starting a new train ‘Mahamana Express’ connecting Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s parliamentary constituency Varanasi to Vadodara.
This is second such train. The first Mahamana Express with plush interiors all built under the ‘Make in India’ project, is currently running between Varanasi and New Delhi, the official said.
The new train will start from the Varanasi Cantt railway station. It has stops at Chivki in Uttar Pradesh, Jabalpur and Itarsi in Madhya Pradesh, Bhusawal and Jalgaon in Maharashtra and Surat and Vadodara in Gujarat.
The Varanasi-Vadodara Mahamana Express will leave Varanasi at 6.15 a.m. on Friday and reach Varodara on Sunday morning.
From Vadodara the train will run every Wednesday.
It has one AC-Ist class coach, two Tend AC, eight sleeper coaches, four general coaches, one pantry car and two guard brake vans. There is no AC-3 tier coach in the train.
There’s new interior design in this express train with LED screens in AC coach.
- Live: Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2019 inaugural session from Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar
- Foreign president, Prime Ministers arrive in Gujarat for Vibrant Gujarat Summit
- Mukesh Ambani led RIL becomes first Indian private company to post Rs 10,000 crore quarterly profit
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi opens 12-day Amdavad Shopping Festival
- ACB nabs Joint General Manager of Surat Airport taking bribe from contractor
- Mansukh Mandaviya undertakes PadYatra on 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi