Entire river lifted to 55-storey building height to supply water to you: PM Modi at ModasaJune 30, 2017
Modasa: An entire river has been lifted to the height of a 55-storey building in order to supply water to this area. The governments in the past were working for temporary solutions while BJP governments have worked for permanent solutions, said Prime Minister Narendra Modi at Modasa in North Gujarat after inaugurating several development projects. The Prime Minister also suggested Education minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama who was sharing the stage that engineering students in Gujarat should have a topic of Narmada water supply, its pumping, lifting and other related things in their syllabus.
The Prime Minister recalled his earlier visits to this area when he was not in politics.
He said the other governments in the past would do temporary works and win elections. There was a time when locals here would approach the government seeking relief works in their village during water scarcity period. If such work was approved, Sarpanch would ask villagers to vote accordingly. This digging work continued for long and Gujarat was deprived of its progress. Gujarat model is discussed across the country because we dropped temporary works that had political motives and moved ahead for real and permanent solutions. In the original scheme, these areas are not covered under Narmada project, but this government has ensured its coverage by lifting water upto the height of 55 storey building. Entire river has been lifted to this height for supply of Narmada water to this area.
Modi asked youths to sit with elders and get details of the scenario of past when buses were not regular, power situation was pathetic, source of water was kilometers away and women would walk long to fetch water with pot on head in order to understand the value of water that has reached today.
Modi also spoke about Sujalam Sufalam Yojana that has benefited the area.
Modi spoke about shamlaji temple development project and proposed Devni Mori Buddhist pilgrim site project. He also spoke about airport like bus-station projects that Gujarat government has taken up. Modi spoke about eNAM project of linking APMC markets and also spoke about the benefits of Kisan Fasal Bima Yojana.
- CM reviews last stage preparations made for dedication of ‘Statue of Unity’ to people
- In 5 years India not only would surpass China in population but also leave it behind to become 'diabetic capital' of world: Padma Shri Daibetologist Dr V Mohan in Gujarat
- Gohil adamant about filing criminal case and defamation suit against CM Rupani if he doesn't tender apology
- PM to visit Shirdi, Maharashtra for Saibaba Sansthan Trust event
- Mahendrasinh Vaghela confirms his resignation from BJP, says he would issue detailed statement on his return to Gujarat
- When thousands of people formed image of Goddess Ambika through oil lamps in garba ground