Air India plans to start flights to LA, HoustonJuly 08, 2017
Washington: Air India said it plans to expand its base in America by introducing flights to Los Angeles and Houston.The direct flight to Los Angeles is expected to be launched by October, while the date for the flight to Houston or Dallas in Texas has not been determined yet.
“We are looking at connecting two more cities – Los Angeles and either Houston or Dallas,” Air India Chairman and MD Ashwani Lohani said at an event to celebrate the launch of the direct non-stop flight yesterday between the capitals of the two largest democracies of the world.
Washington DC is Air India’s fifth US destination after New York, Newark, Chicago and San Francisco.
- Centre to set up Commission to examine sub-categorization of OBCs; Creamy layer bar raised to Rs 8 lakh for Central govt
- In latest; Vishakhapattanam, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh emulating Gujarat model in various ways
- Finance ministry specifies it: RBI to issue Rs 200 notes
- Rajkot to become 'kerosene-free' city soon; a mega Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana camp planned
- Chief Secretary, Secretaries, Collector, other govt officials watch Hindi film Toilet Ek Prem Katha
- IIMA gets more fund for restoration of heritage campus