Gujarat ATS and UP ATS nab Qadir Ahmad in connection with 1993 Mumbai bomb blast caseJuly 08, 2017
Ahmedabad: Anti Terrorist Squad(ATS) of Gujarat Police and Uttar Pradesh Police ATS in joint operation nabbed 1993 Mumbai bomb blast case accused Qadir Ahmad.
Allegations are that he played an important role in receiving the consignment of explosives, arms and ammunition that was supplied by Tiger Memon to coastal place Gosabara (Gujarat) which were later used in the serial blasts.Inspector General of Police (IG) ATS Aseem Arun said he will be produced before a magistrate and taken to Gujarat on transit remand. The arrest was made on the basis of a Gujarat court warrant that was issued on the basis of investigation of a related case by Gujarat police. Inspector General of Police (IG) ATS Aseem Arun said he will be produced before a magistrate and taken to Gujarat on transit remand. The police operation was lead by UP ATS Inspector Vishwajit Singh and the accused will now be transferred to concerned court in Gujarat on transit remand. According to a medial release from UP ATS, Kadir Ahmad is the son of Amir Ahmad and is a resident of Najibabad in Bijnore district, UP.
- Jailed son of Asaram, Narayan Sai admitted to hospital following complain of chest pain
- MoU signed for 10 crore litre per day desalination plant at Jodiya in Gujarat
- IRSDC Statement on Surat Multi Model Transport Hub project
- 22 foreigner ladies nabbed from various spas in Rajkot and Valsad in Gujarat
- Vinay Shah scam: cash and items worth over Rs 50 lakh seized by CID-crime
- Rupani in Delhi highlights ‘VGGIS – 2019’ before industry captains and business tycoons