All BJP functions in Gujarat including visit of Kovind, Shah cancelledJuly 11, 2017
Gandhinagar: Terming the terror attack on Amarnath pilgrims in South Kashmir tonight as a cowardice act CM Vijay Rupani today condemned it and said that all the functions slated for tomorrow including the proposed Gujarat visit of NDA’s presidential candidate Ramnath Kovind have been cancelled in the wake of the incident.
He also said that the event of ruling BJP and visit of party president Amit Shah who was to participate in these have also been cancelled as a mark of respect for the martyred pilgrims.
He said that five women and one man from Valsad district have died in the attack. Attempts to provide the best possible treatment.
Rupani said that the bodies of the deceased would be brought by Air force aircraft tomorrow.
‘Kovind ji was to come tomorrow and was to participate in the meeting of MP’s and MLA’s in Gandhinagar. But the visit has been cancelled. Amitbahi was also to attend the meeting. He was also to participate in a page pramukhs meeting and Sahkar sammelan but his visit has also been cancelled.
Meanwhile CM of J&K Mehbooba Mufti said that the casualty figure was 7. Some of those killed were on the site as the tyres of the bus they were traveling were punctured. She said that the incident has bent the heads of Kashmiris with shame. She said that strong action would be taken against the culprits.
- PM Modi through power of innovation catapulting India into one of great powers of world:Netanyahu
- PM Modi inaugurates iCreate campus in Gujarat in presence of Israel PM
- Israeli PM accorded grand and colourful welcome in Gujarat, participates in half and hour 8 km long India Cultural Road Show
- Live: Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu in Gujarat
- Crime Branch shares factual details contrary to Pravin Togadia's version
- Modi - Netanyahu to visit Rs 12 crore Centre of Excellence for Vegetables