Gujarat govt forms Saputara Area Development Authority (SADA)July 14, 2017
Gandhinagar: The Gujarat government has today formed the Saputara Area Development Authority(SADA) for “integrated development” of Gujarat’s only hill station Saputara in tribal populated district Dang in South Gujarat.
The decision to form SADA has been taken by the Chief Minister according to a statement issued by the government.
The authority will carry out planned development in 419.12 ha area of Saputara for tourism purpose.
The authority will be chaired by Tourism secretary. Managing Director of Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Ltd(TCGL) will be the Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of this 14-member authority which shall have members and invited members.
Formation of this authority was proposed by Urban Development and Urban Housing department, Government of Gujarat.
The authority will prepare maps and development plans considering the future requirements in next twenty-year span. The plan will define land use, GDCR, eco- conservation needs and infrastructure.
The present notified area committee’s structure will undergo changes in connection with introduction of new authority.
- Moderate tremor in central South Gujarat, epicenter near Netrang in Bharuch, no damage reported
- Body of lion found in millet field in Gujarat
- Union Cabinet clears ordinance to award death penalty to child rapists
- Live: PM Modi addresses Civil Servants in Delhi
- Parimal Nathwani written 'Gir Lion : Pride of Gujarat' book launched in Ahmedabad
- Gujarat CM at Dholera SIR tomorrow to lay foundation stone for two projects