Gujarat govt forms Saputara Area Development Authority (SADA)July 14, 2017
Gandhinagar: The Gujarat government has today formed the Saputara Area Development Authority(SADA) for “integrated development” of Gujarat’s only hill station Saputara in tribal populated district Dang in South Gujarat.
The decision to form SADA has been taken by the Chief Minister according to a statement issued by the government.
The authority will carry out planned development in 419.12 ha area of Saputara for tourism purpose.
The authority will be chaired by Tourism secretary. Managing Director of Tourism Corporation of Gujarat Ltd(TCGL) will be the Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of this 14-member authority which shall have members and invited members.
Formation of this authority was proposed by Urban Development and Urban Housing department, Government of Gujarat.
The authority will prepare maps and development plans considering the future requirements in next twenty-year span. The plan will define land use, GDCR, eco- conservation needs and infrastructure.
The present notified area committee’s structure will undergo changes in connection with introduction of new authority.
- 3500 cu sec water released from Karjan and Sardar Sarovar to give life to river Narmada
- All BJP MLAs from Vadodara and local MP skip President's function at MSU
- Gujarati Lieutenant General to led 69th Republic Day parade in Delhi
- 176 of total 182 newly elected MLAs take oath as member of Gujarat Assembly
- Live: PM Narendra Modi addressing WEF Plenary Session at Davos, Switzerland
- IT raids at premises linked to Happy Home Construction Group in Surat