PDP MLA’s driver held for questioning in connection with attack on Amarnath yatrisJuly 15, 2017
Ahmedabad: Jammu & Kashmir police has yesterday detained a cop who serves as a driver for PDP MLA Aijaz Ahmad Mir for questioning in connection with this week’s terror attack on Amarnath pilgrims in which 7 pilgrims were dead and 19 injured.
Driver Touseef Ahmad is a resident of Pulwama. Two other persons are aso reportedly arrested for their alleged involvement in the attack.
Touseef was deputed as the MLA’s driver from the security wing of J&K police some seven months ago. IGP Muneer Kahn said Touseef, who has been found to have links with militants, is being questioned.
J&K police constituted a six-member special investigation team (SIT) on Friday to probe the Amarnath attack.
- Varroc Engineering Limited: Initial Public Offer to open on June 26
- Thousands participate in State-level International Yoga Day function in Ahmedabad
- Gujarati singer/musician Ashit Desai to get prestitious Sangeet Natak Akademi Award
- Rupani inaugurates Centres of studies in SP University
- Ahmedabad based Shivalik Group and Hetu Construction forms joint venture firm S&H Constructions
- PM Modi leads nation in marking International Yoga Day