PDP MLA’s driver held for questioning in connection with attack on Amarnath yatrisJuly 15, 2017
Ahmedabad: Jammu & Kashmir police has yesterday detained a cop who serves as a driver for PDP MLA Aijaz Ahmad Mir for questioning in connection with this week’s terror attack on Amarnath pilgrims in which 7 pilgrims were dead and 19 injured.
Driver Touseef Ahmad is a resident of Pulwama. Two other persons are aso reportedly arrested for their alleged involvement in the attack.
Touseef was deputed as the MLA’s driver from the security wing of J&K police some seven months ago. IGP Muneer Kahn said Touseef, who has been found to have links with militants, is being questioned.
J&K police constituted a six-member special investigation team (SIT) on Friday to probe the Amarnath attack.
- Charas worth Rs 20 lakh seized, 2 nabbed in old Ahmedabad city
- Congress spreading lies about Bullet train funding, the party would be wiped out in 2019 LS polls:Vaghani
- One more lioness die in Dalkhaniya range of Gir forests, lion deaths figure rises to 14
- Reports of Japan stopping funds for bullet train far from truth: NHSRCL
- Supported by Pakistan ministers Rahul speaking language of those who have no good intentions for India: Smriti in Gujarat
- 26 lakh visited Ambaji during Bhadarvi Punam fair, 1 kg gold received in donation on last day