For the first time a train full of potatoes operated between Deesa and ChennaiJuly 23, 2017
Deesa: For the first time in the history of potato city Deesa in North Gujarat, a train was specially operated to carry potato to Chennai. Around 40,000 katta potatoes were sent to Tamil Nadu in order to save money on truck transportation which is costlier. If the new move proves successful for farmers and traders, more trains are to be operated on this route. There’s great demand of potatoes of North Gujarat in Southern Indian State Tamil Nadu. The State government offers Rs 1150 subsidy per quintal for potato transportation which will make the move profitable for traders and beneficial for farmers, said Hareshbhai Saini of Shivshankar cold storage.
- 50 electric buses to be put on BRTS route; no hike in fare
- Notice of deputy LoP Parmar for removal of assembly speaker included in agenda of the house for tomorrow
- Ahmedabad Crime Branch detects Ashram road Angadiya loot and murder case; accused nabbed from UP
- Water level at Narmada dam rising slowly but constantly; rise of 29 cm in four days
- Deputy Mamlatdar arrested on lady's complaint
- Valsad Vapi Love Jihad case: Husband files complaint against wife, her 'lover' for Rs 98 lakh theft, police recover Rs 91 lakh