For the first time a train full of potatoes operated between Deesa and ChennaiJuly 23, 2017
Deesa: For the first time in the history of potato city Deesa in North Gujarat, a train was specially operated to carry potato to Chennai. Around 40,000 katta potatoes were sent to Tamil Nadu in order to save money on truck transportation which is costlier. If the new move proves successful for farmers and traders, more trains are to be operated on this route. There’s great demand of potatoes of North Gujarat in Southern Indian State Tamil Nadu. The State government offers Rs 1150 subsidy per quintal for potato transportation which will make the move profitable for traders and beneficial for farmers, said Hareshbhai Saini of Shivshankar cold storage.
- All eyes will be on Gujarat counting tomorrow for it being home turf of PM Modi, trends would be available from 9 am
- Hardik again sings EVM hacking song, Election commission rejects it saying - voting machines not hackable
- Lioness attack and injure 3 farmers in village close to Gir forests in Gujarat
- Like UP defying exit poll figures BJP will win 150+ seats in Gujarat: Rupani
- 5 including 2 of inter-state firearms smuggling gang nabbed in Gujarat, 8 pistol, one revolver recovered
- Live: Gujarat assembly elections 2017 results