For the first time a train full of potatoes operated between Deesa and ChennaiJuly 23, 2017
Deesa: For the first time in the history of potato city Deesa in North Gujarat, a train was specially operated to carry potato to Chennai. Around 40,000 katta potatoes were sent to Tamil Nadu in order to save money on truck transportation which is costlier. If the new move proves successful for farmers and traders, more trains are to be operated on this route. There’s great demand of potatoes of North Gujarat in Southern Indian State Tamil Nadu. The State government offers Rs 1150 subsidy per quintal for potato transportation which will make the move profitable for traders and beneficial for farmers, said Hareshbhai Saini of Shivshankar cold storage.
- Kandla Port renamed as Deendayal Port
- Live: PM Narendra Modi launches Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bilji Har Ghar Yojana and Deendayal Urja Bhavan
- PM constitutes Economic Advisory Council with Dr. Bibek Debroy as Chairman
- Gujarat BJP terms Rahul Gandhi's road show as flop show
- After posting tweet welcoming Rahul to Gujarat, Hardik now changes stance, says PAAS may boycott govt meet tomorrow
- Isha Ambani unveils the Reliance Foundation 'Holistic Healing' Art project in Mumbai