Highway connecting to Kutch reopens but traffic slow due to damage to surfaceJuly 23, 2017
Rajkot: After hours of closure, the main highway connecting Kutch to Saurashtra region of Gujarat has reopened, but the road is in very poor shape due to hours long overtopping of water in terrific speed. Have a look at the photographed here showing the situation of the highway exactly at the place from where water was overtopping. The highway connecting to Kutch suffered this due to very heavy rain in catchment areas of Machhu dam. Flooding waters of river Machhu made it impossible for vehicles to pass through this highways. Thousands of people had to take halt at Halvad due to closure of the highway.
Meanwhile as per the Secretary, Road and Building department, Government of Gujarat, as on 11.00 am on Sunday, traffic movement on all national highways in Gujarat has normalized. Ahmedabad – Rajkot and Morbi – Kutch highways are witnessing normal traffic movement. 19 State highways and 102 Panchayat roads – in total 121 roads are still closed for traffic due to oertopping of water.
- Water supply and filling of Tappar dam re-started slowly even as repair work of broken flooring of feeder canal also in progress
- Centre approves additional grant of Rs 1131 crore for Narmada project, Gujarat govt thanks the PM
- Kesar mango makes first presence of the season in Marketing yard
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi likely to visit Madhavpur in Gujarat in last week of this month
- Surat diamond loot case solved in 3 days, precious stones worth Rs 15 -20 crores recovered, 2 nabbed from UP
- Coast Guard commissions IB C- 437, multifarious ship can attain speed up to 45 knots