Highway connecting to Kutch reopens but traffic slow due to damage to surfaceJuly 23, 2017
Rajkot: After hours of closure, the main highway connecting Kutch to Saurashtra region of Gujarat has reopened, but the road is in very poor shape due to hours long overtopping of water in terrific speed. Have a look at the photographed here showing the situation of the highway exactly at the place from where water was overtopping. The highway connecting to Kutch suffered this due to very heavy rain in catchment areas of Machhu dam. Flooding waters of river Machhu made it impossible for vehicles to pass through this highways. Thousands of people had to take halt at Halvad due to closure of the highway.
Meanwhile as per the Secretary, Road and Building department, Government of Gujarat, as on 11.00 am on Sunday, traffic movement on all national highways in Gujarat has normalized. Ahmedabad – Rajkot and Morbi – Kutch highways are witnessing normal traffic movement. 19 State highways and 102 Panchayat roads – in total 121 roads are still closed for traffic due to oertopping of water.
- MoU signed for 10 crore litre per day desalination plant at Jodiya in Gujarat
- IRSDC Statement on Surat Multi Model Transport Hub project
- 22 foreigner ladies nabbed from various spas in Rajkot and Valsad in Gujarat
- Vinay Shah scam: cash and items worth over Rs 50 lakh seized by CID-crime
- Rupani in Delhi highlights ‘VGGIS – 2019’ before industry captains and business tycoons
- Hardik demands for survey of Patidar community in Gujarat on the lines of the one regarding Marathas in neighbouring Maharashtra