Highway connecting to Kutch reopens but traffic slow due to damage to surfaceJuly 23, 2017
Rajkot: After hours of closure, the main highway connecting Kutch to Saurashtra region of Gujarat has reopened, but the road is in very poor shape due to hours long overtopping of water in terrific speed. Have a look at the photographed here showing the situation of the highway exactly at the place from where water was overtopping. The highway connecting to Kutch suffered this due to very heavy rain in catchment areas of Machhu dam. Flooding waters of river Machhu made it impossible for vehicles to pass through this highways. Thousands of people had to take halt at Halvad due to closure of the highway.
Meanwhile as per the Secretary, Road and Building department, Government of Gujarat, as on 11.00 am on Sunday, traffic movement on all national highways in Gujarat has normalized. Ahmedabad – Rajkot and Morbi – Kutch highways are witnessing normal traffic movement. 19 State highways and 102 Panchayat roads – in total 121 roads are still closed for traffic due to oertopping of water.
- The city of Ahmedabad receives good rain finally
- 'RFP for 1000 MW first phase of Dholera Solar Park project to be out in a month period'
- Live: Discussion on no confidence motion in Lok Sabha
- Studies over, area identified, RFP likely next month for India's first off shore wind power plant off Pipavav coast of Gujarat
- In fresh rejig, three IAS in Gujarat get second transfer order in a week
- JioPhone all set for WhatsApp, YouTube, Google Maps, Facebook; Monsoon Hungama offer launches new JioPhone at Rs 501 effective price