5 flights diverted to Mumbai, 2 delayed owing to rain-caused patches on runway at airport in AhmedabadJuly 26, 2017
Altogether 5 flights including two of Air India and as many of Indigo were diverted to Mumbai and two saw delayed departure at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport here this morning owing to damage to runway caused by continuous rain.
Airport Director Manoj Gangal said that the operation was affected from 0635 to 0729 am this morning and after repairing the patches and removing the pebbles full length of the runway 23 was opened for operations .
He said that due to patches and pebbles on Runway 23 near taxiway ‘Delta’, Runway 5 with landing distace available 1794 meters was used since 0635 but as some aircraft did not accept runway 5 with 1794 meter distance these were diverted to Mumbai.
The details of the flights diverted is as following –
1) AIC019 DELHI-AHMEDABAD ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL-0620 IST, DIVERTED AT 0639 IST
2) JLL4329 MUMBAI-AHMEDABAD ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL -0620 IST, DIVERTED AT 0642 IST
3) IGO995 HYDERABAD-AHMEDABAD ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL -0642 IST, DIVERTED AT 0645 IST
4) IGO352 PUNE-AHMEDABAD HOLDING AT BHAVNAGAR AT 0715 IST DIVERTED TO MUMBAI AT 0727 IST.
AIC017 MUMBAI-AHMEDABAD ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL- 0629 IST INITIATED GO AROUND AT 0705 IST AND DIVERTED TO MUMBAI DUE TO LOW VISIBILITY.
1) IGO158 AHMEDABAD-DELHI ACTUAL TIME OF DEPARTURE- 0656 IST DELAYED BY 20 MINUTES APPROX.
2) IGO125 AHMEDABAD-KOLKATA ACTUAL TIME OF DEPARTURE – 0707 IST DELAYED BY 10 MINUTES APPROX.
AIC : AIR INDIA
IGO : INDIGO
JLL : JET LITEFULL
Notably the operation was partially hampered twice a few days ago owing to potholes on the runway.
- Centre to set up Commission to examine sub-categorization of OBCs; Creamy layer bar raised to Rs 8 lakh for Central govt
- In latest; Vishakhapattanam, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh emulating Gujarat model in various ways
- Finance ministry specifies it: RBI to issue Rs 200 notes
- Rajkot to become 'kerosene-free' city soon; a mega Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana camp planned
- Chief Secretary, Secretaries, Collector, other govt officials watch Hindi film Toilet Ek Prem Katha
- IIMA gets more fund for restoration of heritage campus