Ahmedabad airport runway damaged; 3 flights diverted to MumbaiJuly 26, 2017
Ahmedabad: Due to the torrential rains which have caused major floods in Gujarat, the runway of Sardar Patel international airport in Ahmedabad has been damaged, resulting in two Air India flights being diverted on Wednesday.
Delhi-Ahmedabad and Mumbai-Ahmedabad flights were diverted to Mumabi as the runway was not functioning.
This is for the third time in last one month period that runway has suffered damage due to rain.
The runway was re-carpeted and repaired completely last year. However it has not survived for even a year.
- Centre to set up Commission to examine sub-categorization of OBCs; Creamy layer bar raised to Rs 8 lakh for Central govt
- In latest; Vishakhapattanam, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh emulating Gujarat model in various ways
- Finance ministry specifies it: RBI to issue Rs 200 notes
- Rajkot to become 'kerosene-free' city soon; a mega Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana camp planned
- Chief Secretary, Secretaries, Collector, other govt officials watch Hindi film Toilet Ek Prem Katha
- IIMA gets more fund for restoration of heritage campus