Brief two day Monsoon session of Gujarat assembly on Aug 8-9, first session outside current assembly buildingJuly 28, 2017
The brief 2 day monsoon session of Gujarat Assembly will be held on August 8 and 9 in Mahatma Mandir here and it would be for the first time that any session would be held outside the current assembly building which came in to existence in 1982.
Assembly Secretary D M Patel informed this saying that the session would be held at another venue (Mahatma Mandir) owing to the ongoing renovation of the current assembly building.
Patel, who is also the returning officer for the Rajyasabha election to be held on 3 Gujarat seats on August 8, the first day of the coming session, said that the polling would not be held in Mahatma Mandir. ‘The polling would take place at Swarnim Sankul 2,’ he informed.
To a query he said that so far the agenda of the session has so far not reached him.
Notably, the term of the existing 13 th assembly would complete in December this year. It was likely to be dissolved earlier to pave way for assembly elections.
- Strike of junior doctors in Civil Hospital enters second day, attempts on to end it, Health Minister Nitin Patel arrives
- Arun Jaitley on four years of Narendra Modi government in Centre
- BJP chief Amit Shah on four years of Narendra Modi government in Centre
- Gujarat BJP to mark Modi government's four years in Centre through reach out campaign
- Meeting of former MLAs of Vaghela camp including incumbent BJP MLA C K Raulji held
- Over a dozen injured in clash over digging out soil from pond under Sujalam Sufalam scheme