Two days session of Gujarat Assembly ends, four bills passed, total working hours 5.28August 09, 2017
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Assembly on the last day of its two-day session today passed four bills.
The assembly passed Gujarat Sahkari Mandli Adhiniyam Sudhara Bill which proposes more power to State government for appointment of custodians to hold election in cooperatives. The election process will be cheaper and faster with this amendment said the minister.
The assembly today also passed Gujarat Khet Jamin Tochmaryada Adhiniyam Section 29 amendment bill under which sub-sections are added to section 29. Revenue Minister Bhupendrasinh Chudasama said the bill proposes mandates one to make agriculture land available in nearby area where allotment of some land has made to him/her by the government.
Another bill passed today was Shaheri Jamin Toch Maryada Kaydo 1976 amendment bill which proposes relaxation in time limit for payment of fees to regularize the possession of land.
One more bill passed was Gujarat Single Window Clearance bill 2017 which proposes single window clearance for license, permits and documents necessary for industries. The bill proposes to fix responsibility of officials, impose time limit for clearance and set up three-layer authority for this purpose.
There were two sittings during the 11th session of assembly. Total working hours were 5.28. Total 28 members participated in the discussions. 91 questions were replied, 4 government bills were passed. One meeting of Kamkaj Salahkar Samiti was held. Three reports were presented in the house. Revenue minister gave statement on recent floods under rule 116. Congratulatory motion on election of MLA Amit Shah as Rajya Sabha member was moved. Discussion was also held on MLA Harsh Sanghvi’s motion on Sardar Sarovar Narmada Yojana.
- Strike of junior doctors in Civil Hospital enters second day, attempts on to end it, Health Minister Nitin Patel arrives
- Arun Jaitley on four years of Narendra Modi government in Centre
- BJP chief Amit Shah on four years of Narendra Modi government in Centre
- Gujarat BJP to mark Modi government's four years in Centre through reach out campaign
- Meeting of former MLAs of Vaghela camp including incumbent BJP MLA C K Raulji held
- Over a dozen injured in clash over digging out soil from pond under Sujalam Sufalam scheme