Gujarat in process to set up second Japanese Industrial ParkAugust 11, 2017
Ahmedabad: The Indian Express reports that as the existing exclusive 100-hectare “Japanese Industrial Park” near Mandal in Ahmedabad district has saturated with presence of 10-12 Japanese MSME units, the Gujarat government in coordination of Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO) is setting up a 1555 hectare second “Japanese Industrial Park” 90 km away at Khoraj near Sanand on the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) at expected basic infrastructure cost of Rs 400 crore. There are over 80 Japanese companies in Gujarat including the likes of Maruti Suzuki, Mitsubishi, Nippon, Hitachi, Toto, Panasonic and others. Japanese investment in Gujarat which is about USD one billion at present is expected to reach USD three billion by 2020. JETRO is going to open its office in Ahmedabad which shall be as big as its Delhi office. The industrial park will have 969 hectares reserved for industrial development, 227 hectares for roads and transportation, 136 hectares of green spaces and 141 hectares of residential zone. Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation(GIDC) has floated tenders to appoint a master consultant for detailed project planning, and preparation of a Detailed Project Report for the second Japanese Industrial Park in Gujarat. GIDC has also started work on building basic infrastructure including roads, water pipelines and street lights. GIDC had acquired over 1000 hectares of land in a record 60 days in 2013 for Rs 1700 crore compensation to more than 400 farmers for acquisition of land six kilometers from Sanand. Japan Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is going to visit Gujarat next month with Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.Last month a delegation led by Chief Secretary of Gujarat had visited Japan and held several meetings with the CEOs of Japanese companies and government officials.
- Balancing our energy needs and environmental conservations is a challenge: Mukesh Ambani at PDPU
- Rahul to start first leg of Navsarjan Gujarat yatra in poll bound Gujarat from Dwarka
- Whale found on the shore in Gujarat 3 days back and put back in sea, dead
- 175 BJP leaders from Gujarat to be in Delhi this Sunday
- Live: Falguni Pathak at Ruparel Navratri Mahotsav in Mumbai on 3rd night of Navratri
- Good news for Garba lovers, Met predicts dry weather for next 3 days, no likelihood of heavy rain even after that