Spells of light to moderate rain at various places, two systems mildly re-activate monsoon in GujaratAugust 12, 2017
Many places across the state including Ahmedabad has witnessed light to moderate rain in last 24 hours due to mild re-activation of monsoon in the presence of two systems overs the state.
Though the met bulletin issued today has not predicted any heavy rain spells yet due to the presence of two systems its possibility in coming days can’t be ruled out completely.
One of the upper air cyclonic circulation was extending from 1.5 to 2.1 km above sea level over Kutch and neighborhood while the other extending from 3.1 to 4.5 km above sea level was lying over Gujarat region (the part of the state except for Saurashtra and Kutch region in met terminology).
Many districts including Valsad, Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Kutch, Devbhoomi Dwarka, Gir Somnath, Banaskantha witnessed some amount of rain in the last 24 hours. Cloudy or partly cloudy weather was prevalent at many places.
The met has predicted some more spells of intermittent rain/thundershowers for Ahmedabad where the maximum and minimum temperature today was recorded at 31.5 °C and 24.8°C respectively which were marginally lower than the normal. Highest relative humidity was at 92% in the morning hours. The temperatures across the state were mild with Gandhinagar recording the highest at only 32.2°C.
- Four from Gujarat in newly constituted CWC, the supreme steering body of Congress party, Madhusudan Mistry dropped
- Gujarat BJP spokesperson posts salute to PGVCL lineman in Facebook post
- 45.20% Kharif sowing so far in Gujarat
- Gujarat CM reviews flood affected areas of Gir-Somnath district
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi's proposed visit to Gujarat on July 20 postponed: Rupani
- Narmada irrigation water for farmers of Surendranagar, Ahmedabad, North Gujarat from tomorrow