Spells of light to moderate rain at various places, two systems mildly re-activate monsoon in GujaratAugust 12, 2017
Many places across the state including Ahmedabad has witnessed light to moderate rain in last 24 hours due to mild re-activation of monsoon in the presence of two systems overs the state.
Though the met bulletin issued today has not predicted any heavy rain spells yet due to the presence of two systems its possibility in coming days can’t be ruled out completely.
One of the upper air cyclonic circulation was extending from 1.5 to 2.1 km above sea level over Kutch and neighborhood while the other extending from 3.1 to 4.5 km above sea level was lying over Gujarat region (the part of the state except for Saurashtra and Kutch region in met terminology).
Many districts including Valsad, Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Kutch, Devbhoomi Dwarka, Gir Somnath, Banaskantha witnessed some amount of rain in the last 24 hours. Cloudy or partly cloudy weather was prevalent at many places.
The met has predicted some more spells of intermittent rain/thundershowers for Ahmedabad where the maximum and minimum temperature today was recorded at 31.5 °C and 24.8°C respectively which were marginally lower than the normal. Highest relative humidity was at 92% in the morning hours. The temperatures across the state were mild with Gandhinagar recording the highest at only 32.2°C.
- Balancing our energy needs and environmental conservations is a challenge: Mukesh Ambani at PDPU
- Rahul to start first leg of Navsarjan Gujarat yatra in poll bound Gujarat from Dwarka
- Whale found on the shore in Gujarat 3 days back and put back in sea, dead
- 175 BJP leaders from Gujarat to be in Delhi this Sunday
- Live: Falguni Pathak at Ruparel Navratri Mahotsav in Mumbai on 3rd night of Navratri
- Good news for Garba lovers, Met predicts dry weather for next 3 days, no likelihood of heavy rain even after that