Gujarat BJP slams Karnataka govt for renaming 100 Morarji Desai Residential Schools as Indira Gandhi Residential SchoolsAugust 18, 2017
Gandhinagar: Gujarat BJP today strongly protested Congress-ruled Karnataka government’s decision to rename 100 Morarji Desai residential schools in the state as Indra Gandhi residential schools.
State BJP president Jitubhai Vaghani today said that Congress has once again displayed its anti-Gujarat and anti-Gujarati mentality by issuing a notification to rename Morarjibhai Desai schools as Indira Gandhi schools.
“Gujarat is proud of Shri Morarjibhai Desai during whose rule, the country witnessed honest administration. Gujarat Congress must stop insult of Gujarat once again and protest the proposal of Karnatak government,” Vaghani said.
Chief Minister Vijay Rupani also criticized this move and said this is the insult of Gujarat and Gujaratis.
It should be mentioned here that Karnataka government, through a notification issued recently, had selected about 100 Morarji Desai Schools of which 66 are for scheduled caste, 24 for scheduled tribes and 10 for backward classes to be renamed as Indira Gandhi Residential Schools.
In a release, the Chief Minister of Karnataka said, “The state government wants to name the newly established residential schools after Indira Gandhi. The government has no intention to change the name of existing residential schools.”
The opposition Bharatiya Janata Party in Karnataka however wants the government to withdraw this order. They want the government to not change the names of schools named after Moraji Desai and Kittur Rani Channamma.
It is common practice of Congress governments to name the projects after Nehru – Gandhi family members including Jawaharlal Nehru, Kamla Nehru, Indira Gandhi and Rajiv Gandhi. From airports to zoo to stadium to bridges, colleges, university and even ships are named by Congress governments after the family.
- Rupani lays foundation stone for railway over-bridge at Thangadh, Surendranagar
- Faldu makes formal complain to centre against NAFED in groundnut procurement scam
- JioPhone 2 debuts at Rs 2,999; Flash sale on Jio.Com starts at 12 pm on August 16
- 'Love-letter' of class 2 student to classmate girl in Vadodara city becomes 'talk-of-the-town'
- Rajkot SP suspends 4 cops for security related negligence
- Another arrest in groundnut soil mixing case, businessman who supplied low grade groundnut nabbed