UK based Gujaratis collect 5 lakh pound for flood-hit Gujarat; Dolar Popat, Rushibhai Sachde handover cheque to CMAugust 22, 2017
Gandhinagar: London based British Asian Trust today handed over five lakh pound (roughly over Rs 4 crore) cheque to Chief Minister Vijay Rupani in capital Gandhinagar. This fund was collected in Morari Bapu’s katha at Wembley in Britain recently for the flood affected people of Banaskantha and Patan districts of North Gujarat.
Hotel Crown Plaza fame Lord Dolar Patel and host of Ram Katha Shri Rameshbhai Rushibhai Sachde today presented the cheque of fund to Chief Minister.
The Chief Minister thanked non-resident Gujarati families for their donation.
- BAPS Hindu Mandir foundation stone-laying ceremony completed, celebrating UAE’s commitment to tolerance
- 5 detained in connection with ruckus in Hardik's Nikol public meeting: Police
- High-decibel Intense poll campaign in Gujarat to end tomorrow
- Hardik opposed during Congress election rally in Patidar den, had to leave without delivering speech
- BJP will win all 26 Lok Sabha seats in Gujarat again with even higher lead: Vijay Rupani in Rajkot
- Will 2019 Witness the Dynasty as a Liability on the Congress Party? : A note by Arun Jaitley