UK based Gujaratis collect 5 lakh pound for flood-hit Gujarat; Dolar Popat, Rushibhai Sachde handover cheque to CMAugust 22, 2017
Gandhinagar: London based British Asian Trust today handed over five lakh pound (roughly over Rs 4 crore) cheque to Chief Minister Vijay Rupani in capital Gandhinagar. This fund was collected in Morari Bapu’s katha at Wembley in Britain recently for the flood affected people of Banaskantha and Patan districts of North Gujarat.
Hotel Crown Plaza fame Lord Dolar Patel and host of Ram Katha Shri Rameshbhai Rushibhai Sachde today presented the cheque of fund to Chief Minister.
The Chief Minister thanked non-resident Gujarati families for their donation.
- Gujarat High Court Advocates Association gives boycott call to protest against Justice Patel's transfer
- Fully satisfied with government decisions, now those who wish to oppose must take their own way: Kotadiya
- Former PAAS convener of Surat Nikhil Savani joins BJP with 150 welcoming govt decisions related to Patidars
- GCA felicitates Ranji Trophy 2016-17 Champion Team of Gujarat with Rs 3 crore cheque
- JSW Energy Ltd to set up Rs 4,000 crore electric vehicle plant in Gujarat; MoU signed
- Gujarat govt to make Aayog for unreserved segments; appoint panel for probe into alleged police excesses