Passenger from Sharjah nabbed with around 3 kg gold at Ahmedabad airportAugust 26, 2017
Ahmedabad: The custom sleuths today seized around 3 kg gold from a passenger who arrived here in a flight from Sharjah at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport.
The luggage of the passenger who had hidden the gold in form of wire was checked and it was recovered. He was being interrogated. The gold was worth around 82 lakhs in India marke, an Airport customs source today said.
Notably on April 7, passenger from UAE was caught with gold and jewelry weighing around 9 kg worth over Rs 2.7 crores. On April 4 another passenger who had tried to smuggle 2 kg gold from Dubai was caught earlier in a similar manner on the airport here.
- After vandalizing 2 buses in Gandhinagar, Anti Padmavat protesters burn down two ST buses in Mahesana
- Gujarat MLA Khant moves High Court to challenge invalidation of caste certificate
- Salinity issue in river Narmada: water discharged from Karjan dam
- Gujarat Multiplex Association decides not to screen Padmaavat
- Unidentified miscreants attack 2 ST buses near Gandhinagar, attempt torching
- Idar observers bandh to save Idariyo Gadh rock mountain against mining