Passenger from Sharjah nabbed with around 3 kg gold at Ahmedabad airportAugust 26, 2017
Ahmedabad: The custom sleuths today seized around 3 kg gold from a passenger who arrived here in a flight from Sharjah at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport.
The luggage of the passenger who had hidden the gold in form of wire was checked and it was recovered. He was being interrogated. The gold was worth around 82 lakhs in India marke, an Airport customs source today said.
Notably on April 7, passenger from UAE was caught with gold and jewelry weighing around 9 kg worth over Rs 2.7 crores. On April 4 another passenger who had tried to smuggle 2 kg gold from Dubai was caught earlier in a similar manner on the airport here.
- Gujarat HC refuses to admit plea seeking immediate announcement of schedule for Gujarat polls
- Gujarat BJP to hold election committee meeting during 21 - 26 October
- 3 IAS transferred
- United Phosphorus signs MoU with Gujarat govt for Rs 6,000 crore plant
- Grasim India signs MoU with Gujarat govt for setting up two units
- Why Rahul Gandhi and Congress silent on latest revelations on Vadra ? : Rupani