Passenger from Sharjah nabbed with around 3 kg gold at Ahmedabad airportAugust 26, 2017
Ahmedabad: The custom sleuths today seized around 3 kg gold from a passenger who arrived here in a flight from Sharjah at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport.
The luggage of the passenger who had hidden the gold in form of wire was checked and it was recovered. He was being interrogated. The gold was worth around 82 lakhs in India marke, an Airport customs source today said.
Notably on April 7, passenger from UAE was caught with gold and jewelry weighing around 9 kg worth over Rs 2.7 crores. On April 4 another passenger who had tried to smuggle 2 kg gold from Dubai was caught earlier in a similar manner on the airport here.
- Jio parters with Star to provide India-Cricket content to Jio users
- Emami Paper Mills Ltd to invest 2,000 crore in Gujarat; foundation stone laid for the plant in Bhauch
- None of 11 lions found dead in 2 ranges of Gir East forest were infected by virus:Gujarat Forest department chief
- PM Modi may visit Gujarat again in next fortnight
- SMC standing committee completes formality about rise in corporators salary
- Rahul's statement against PM shows his sanskar and also that he can lie in parliament: Smriti Irani in Surat