Passenger from Sharjah nabbed with around 3 kg gold at Ahmedabad airportAugust 26, 2017
Ahmedabad: The custom sleuths today seized around 3 kg gold from a passenger who arrived here in a flight from Sharjah at Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport.
The luggage of the passenger who had hidden the gold in form of wire was checked and it was recovered. He was being interrogated. The gold was worth around 82 lakhs in India marke, an Airport customs source today said.
Notably on April 7, passenger from UAE was caught with gold and jewelry weighing around 9 kg worth over Rs 2.7 crores. On April 4 another passenger who had tried to smuggle 2 kg gold from Dubai was caught earlier in a similar manner on the airport here.
- Om Mathur arrives in Gujarat on his first visit after re-appointment as Gujarat BJP in-charge
- Ahmedabad Flower Show 2019 of AMC opens at Sabarmati Riverfront
- Gujarat ACB nabs woman drug inspector in Jamnagar taking bribe
- Only BJP stands with Kerala and its culture: PM Modi lashes out at LDF, UDF over Sabarimala
- 19 leading industry captains, CEOs to attend Vibrant Summit – 2019
- Teaching staff of state govt universities, affiliated granted govt & private colleges to get salary as per 7th Pay panel from Jan – 2019:CM