DK Shivakumar case: Income Tax department conducts raids at ten locationsAugust 30, 2017
Bengaluru: Income Tax department officials are conducting searches at 10 locations in Bengaluru, Chennai and Delhi as a follow up to raids at various properties linked to Karnataka Minister D K Shivakumar earlier this month.
“Searches and surveys are being conducted at 10 places in Bengaluru, Chennai and Delhi. All related to the D K Shivakumar case,” IT department officials said.
According to officials, the places searched included the home of KPCC member Vijay Mulgund.
In a swoop down that had stirred a political controversy, the IT department had in the first week of August raided various properties linked to Shivakumar, who hosted 44 Gujarat Congress MLAs at a resort on the city outskirts, to thwart “poaching” attempts by the BJP ahead of Rajya Sabha polls in that state.
During the raids that went on for three consecutive days, at about 66 places across the country, officials said they had seized cash and jewellery, worth over Rs 15 crore.
The IT department is yet to make an official statement on the outcome of the raids, which had been described by the ruling Congress in the state as “political vendetta” and an attempt to “browbeat” opponents.
- SC Judge M.R. Shah and Solicitor General Tushar Mehta felicitated
- Abruptly lowered maximum temperatures and wind at lower level giving 'cold-wave' like feeling at various places across Gujarat
- Woman CA nabbed red handed accepting Rs 8 lakh bribe for Assistant IT commissioner
- PM Modi slams Congress for showing disregard to SC verdict on Rafale
- Rafale – Lies, Shortlived lies and now further lies : a note by Arun Jaitley
- Teaser of Gujarati Movie Short Circuit: Aghru, Appetizer, Curiosity Aroused