Gujarat HC rebukes VMC commissioner for sending Whatsapp message to judgeSeptember 07, 2017
The Gujarat High Court today took Vadodara muncipal Commissioner and former collector Vinod Rao to task for sending a Whatsapp message to a judge.
Despite an apology from the IAS officer, the court ordered him to appear before it on September 11 and also file a reply as to why action should not be initiated against him in this regard.
The single bench of Justice R H Shukla rebuked Rao during the court proceedings in a matter pertaining to the VMC. He said that the officer by sending the message to the judge on a social media platform has not behaved properly. The judge was not a part of a social circle in his duties.
He also said that the bureaucrat was behaving like an autocrat.
Though it was not clear whether the judge was Justice Shukla himself of someone else.
Despite an apology from Rao, the court asked him to file a reply as to why no action should be initiated against him in this matter. He was also asked to remain present before the court on September 11.
- Driver of bank cash van flees with estimated Rs 2 crore cash in Ahmedabad
- Polling for 4-seats of Rajya Sabha in Gujarat on March 23, if required
- Gujarat CM replies debate on Motion of Thanks to Governor’s address to Assembly
- BJP wins Kheda district panchayat, improves overall performance compared to 2013, Congress wins Banaskantha
- Ahmedabad gets Central Command and Control Centre at Paldi
- 2.10 lakh tourists in Rann Utsav, govt earned Rs 4.60 crore