President’s nod for Gujarat Fojdari Karyariti amendment billSeptember 08, 2017
Gandhinagar: The President of India has given approval to Fojdari Karyariti Adhiniyam 1973 (amendment) bill which was passed by Gujarat assembly.
Minister of State for Law Pradipsinh Jadeja said proposed law was central act and therefore it was sent to President for approval which has been granted. The law will make it possible for trial of accused through video linkage. The accused will be brought to district courts that have video conference facility through video linkage. This will make the process of justice speedier and help to reduce pendeancy of cases. It will also save cost on police japta and transportation. Magisterial and sessions court cases will be cleared promptly with this method.
- Modi to visit China on April 27-28 for summit talks with Prez Xi
- Surat double murder-rape case: Remand of accused till May 3 allowed
- Two foreigners die in Malaysian ship off near Navlakhi port in Gujarat due to gas
- Lion kills cubs in Gir forests of Gujarat
- Rupani lays foundation stone for Common Effluent Treatment Plan, Pipali-Dholera pipeline projects
- Surat Police to expand its CCTV network, increase patrolling in migrants populated area