President’s nod for Gujarat Fojdari Karyariti amendment billSeptember 08, 2017
Gandhinagar: The President of India has given approval to Fojdari Karyariti Adhiniyam 1973 (amendment) bill which was passed by Gujarat assembly.
Minister of State for Law Pradipsinh Jadeja said proposed law was central act and therefore it was sent to President for approval which has been granted. The law will make it possible for trial of accused through video linkage. The accused will be brought to district courts that have video conference facility through video linkage. This will make the process of justice speedier and help to reduce pendeancy of cases. It will also save cost on police japta and transportation. Magisterial and sessions court cases will be cleared promptly with this method.
- Polled EVMs are absolutely safe in strongrooms : ECI
- EVM reforms and LK Advani, Dr. Subramanian Swamy and GVL Narsimha Rao
- Coast Guard apprehends Pakistani fishing boat with 194 packets of narcotics off Gujarat coast
- 66.97% results for Gujarat board 10th exam
- In Arun Jaitley’s analysis of exit polls, 6 messages from voters to politicians
- Six nabbed in Gujarat for celebrating Nathuram Godse's birthday