No response to PAAS – Congress Mahesana bandhSeptember 09, 2017
Mahesana/Patan: The bandh call given by Patidar Anamat Aadnolan Samiti (PAAS) in Mahesana today to protest the attack on its three local leaders seemingly failed to evoke any response.
All the main markets in the city opened as usual this morning. The traffic in the city was also normal. A handful of PAAS supporters were seen trying to close some shops but commoners did not looked like supporting them.
As a precautionary measure police have been deployed at important places.
Notably 3 local leaders PAAS were hospitalized here after attack on them by unknown assailants in the night of September 7.
Meanwhile, PAAS convener Hardik Patel and his close aide Dinesh Bambhaniya and Mahendra Patel alias Jaiku, who were arrested on August 28 in connection with a case of loot and lodged by a PAAS leader against them and 9 others in B-division police station of Patan were released from jail there last evening after getting bail from a local court on surety of Rs 15000 each. PI of B-division J B Pandit today said that the trio has been released on bail.
- Looking at the previous exit polls about Gujarat
- Supreme Court rejects Teesta Setalvad, husband's plea against de-freezing accounts
- Get HSRP fitted in vehicles by Jan. 15 or face fine upto Rs 500 when caught
- Leopard reportedly injures 2 in North Gujarat village, crowd attack police
- Atmospheric temperatures take a dip, 3 places record single digit temp, Naliya coldest at 8.4 °C
- Congress claims it will win 124 seats in Gujarat polls; deploys cadre outside strong rooms