88% of Narmada project water is for farmers, only 2% for industries, Congress resorting to another lie: RupaniSeptember 17, 2017
Dabhoi/ Amreli: CM Vijay Rupani today alleged that after stalling Narmada project for 40 years at the cost of development of Gujarat and making people suffer for water, Congress was resorting to ‘lies’.
In a strong attack on the opposition party in two public meetings today, first at Dabhoi and then in Amreli in presence of PM Narendra Modi who dedicated the Sardar Sarovar dam to the nation today, Rupani said now Congress was uttering another lie under its false propaganda about the allocation of major chunk of water to Industries.
‘Congress should listen to what I am saying from this stage 88% of the water of the project is for farmers only, 10% is for drinking water and only 2% was for the industries. The party which stalled the project for years despite the suffering of our people for every drop of water should not spread any more lies,’ he said in Dabhoi
CM Rupani said rather than asking questions to us Congress should answer why it stalled the all important project for Gujarat for 40 years. ‘During the Congress regime only 7% work could be done. The remaining work to the tune of Rs 56000 crore was completed during our governments. In last 15 years we have made 450 km of the main canal (with total length of a little over 500 km)
Congress was always hell bent to stall the project,’ he alleged.
- Salinity issue in river Narmada: water discharged from Karjan dam
- Gujarat Multiplex Association decides not to screen Padmaavat
- Unidentified miscreants attack 2 ST buses near Gandhinagar, attempt torching
- Idar observers bandh to save Idariyo Gadh rock mountain against mining
- RIL reports highest quarterly profit, Reliance Jio posts first-ever profit
- Anandiben Patel appointed as Governor of Madhya Pradesh